Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA 2 for 1 new voucher re-booking issue

• RRSport7 22 posts

Hi all,

I’m looking to re-book the flight dates only and get this error:

Error
    The date you have chosen is more than 365 days from the original date of booking. Please choose an earlier date and try again.

That is indeed correct but so what? Am I unable to re-book for a later date even though the voucher remains within validity?

JDB 4,378 posts

The automated response may be correct, but if the voucher remains valid, BA should be able to rebook and re-tickets. The ticket validity rule is: “one year from the date it is issued or
    one year from the date you first travelled using the ticket, as long as your first flight took place within a year of the ticket being issued.

Gary 293 posts

The old chestnut of 1-year ticket validity from date of booking for BA. Hence, the computer said no. Not sure call centre would say any different, and it maybe easier to cancel/rebook if voluntary. If BA cancelled the flight, that’s a different conversation.

JDB 4,378 posts

The old chestnut of 1-year ticket validity from date of booking for BA. Hence, the computer said no. Not sure call centre would say any different, and it maybe easier to cancel/rebook if voluntary. If BA cancelled the flight, that’s a different conversation.

The ticket validity is IATA standard, not just BA being difficult. As above, if you are wanting to change both flights it’s irrelevant as it isn’t a change, but a cancel/rebook.

RRSport7 22 posts

Now you mention it, I do recall paper tickets having the 1 year validity. I just didn’t equate it to an award booked online. So much for grabbing flights 355 days in advance and then expecting to change for the dates I really wanted!

Anyway, thanks for the info.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.