Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express BA Amex Accelerating Business Card sign up bonus – when’s it paid?

• PaulB 23 posts

Hey folks,

I signed up for the BA Amex Accelerating Business Card a few months back to take advantage of the huge 60k sign up bonus when you spend £5k within 3 months. I’ve now exceeded that spend target (reasonably comfortably; not including the card fee or any foreign spend, so I’m confident it’s properly met) and received my second monthly statement. I kinda assumed that the bonus would be attached to the spend that put me over the threshold as I’ve seen with other cards, but it wasn’t. Nor was it included within the statement which covered meeting that spend target; those points have now been transferred to BA and no bonus included. What have others’ experiences been as to how quickly this has paid out?

trader363 109 posts

60k landed in my BA acc within 3 weeks of me hitting the spend. I’d call them to make sure it’s on it’s way

PaulB 23 posts

60k landed in my BA acc within 3 weeks of me hitting the spend. I’d call them to make sure it’s on it’s way

thanks! will contact Amex

kipto 11 posts

I rang up the other day to cancel the BA Amex business card. I’d received the bonus points a month ago. I was offered a £40 membership fee refund. It was their “final offer.” I have cancelled the card .

danyal 33 posts

Mine took 3 weeks also. They also offered the £40 statement credit to stay but it wasn’t enough to keep me.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.