Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Flight changes and cancellations help BA – ‘ARPN’ cancellation reason

• Will 15 posts

Hey there,

I had very late notification that my BA2777 from JER to LHR has been cancelled for today (rebooking suggestion for tomorrow to LGW). Not ideal with such late notice but I was hoping EU261 would soften the blow. However, the code on Expertflyer seems to be ‘ARPN – Airport related’and an N for compensation.

I assume BA will reject my claim, but I was wondering if anyone would be so kind to let me know my chances of going to CEDR etc? Is there something that is going on at Heathrow today that needed last minute cancellations?

Any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks,

JDB 4,374 posts

@Will yes, Heathrow instructed airlines to cut flights today as their recently reduced schedules are still not deliverable.

Will 15 posts

@Will yes, Heathrow instructed airlines to cut flights today as their recently reduced schedules are still not deliverable.

Ah I see, thanks for the information!

meta 1,439 posts

Duty of care under Article 9 still applies though. If you’re stuck in Jersey today, you can claim accommodation, 3 meals and two phone calls or data for internet.

Will 15 posts

Duty of care under Article 9 still applies though. If you’re stuck in Jersey today, you can claim accommodation, 3 meals and two phone calls or data for internet.

Thanks Meta! I believe you helped me out last time when my Porto flights were cancelled, helpful as always 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.