BA – ‘ARPN’ cancellation reason
11th July 2022 at 09:14Will
I had very late notification that my BA2777 from JER to LHR has been cancelled for today (rebooking suggestion for tomorrow to LGW). Not ideal with such late notice but I was hoping EU261 would soften the blow. However, the code on Expertflyer seems to be ‘ARPN – Airport related’and an N for compensation.
I assume BA will reject my claim, but I was wondering if anyone would be so kind to let me know my chances of going to CEDR etc? Is there something that is going on at Heathrow today that needed last minute cancellations?
Any help would be gratefully received!
Thanks,11th July 2022 at 09:46JDB
@Will yes, Heathrow instructed airlines to cut flights today as their recently reduced schedules are still not deliverable.11th July 2022 at 10:22Will11th July 2022 at 12:17meta
Duty of care under Article 9 still applies though. If you’re stuck in Jersey today, you can claim accommodation, 3 meals and two phone calls or data for internet.11th July 2022 at 13:01Will
Duty of care under Article 9 still applies though. If you’re stuck in Jersey today, you can claim accommodation, 3 meals and two phone calls or data for internet.
Thanks Meta! I believe you helped me out last time when my Porto flights were cancelled, helpful as always 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The perfect airport doesn’t exist, but the new Paris Charles de Gaulle ‘Extime’ upgrade is close
Bits: new Qatar insurance rules, design a BA beer can, free Fairmont night from Emirates
Bits: fly BA Club World on short haul – or fly Titan, Virgin ends Plaza Premium Clubhouse access
Bits: Virgin’s missing reward seats, Elizabeth Line gets faster to Heathrow, Inverness Airport station
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- _aDifferentSimon_ on Who has received the 100,000 Avios?
- JDB on Las ?vegas Flights moved from T3 to T5
- alexm on OW Sapphire status benefits with Iberia Express HBO ticket
- JDB on Volunteer list at online checkin
- AJA on New member saying Hello!
- JDB on Nassau, Grand Cayman and Providenciales Back to T5!
- flymeanywhere on Chat thread – Wednesday 8th February
- qc on Sri Lanka: trouble possibly brewing again
- Harrier25 on Purchasing which vouchers qualify towards Amex minimum spend ?
- nectar collector on Chat thread – Wednesday 8th February
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.