Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• tilly c 44 posts

Any idea if BA will be introducing a British Airways Black Friday sale this year ?

AJA 1,071 posts

How long is a piece of string? It depends on whether you view their current double Avios offer as an early Black Friday deal.

I think there is a good chance other offers will pop up as the credit and cost of living issues continue to bite. I think despite BA /IAG claims that revenue is back to pre-pandemic levels which is down to very expensive fares, that passenger numbers are not and that things will get worse before they get better so that may lead to deals.

Lady London 2,054 posts

Yes, and as such the airlines made an excellent decision not to expand back and meet demand with the highest fares they can get away with. That way they keep their fixed costs (incl.staff) lower if demand drops off. It’s been very convenient that the airlines have been able to ban lack of airport capacity, not just in the UK, and various intermittent air traffic restrictions.

Chudsy1579 3 posts

There is a Whatsapp going round suggesting there are 5000 free BA flights to Europe up for grabs as part of BA Black Friday giveaway. I’m pretty sure it’s a scam but anyone else seen that?

Cranzle 272 posts

There is a whatsapp going round suggesting there are 5000 free BA flights to europe up for grabs as part of BA black friday giveaway. I’m pretty sure it’s a scam but anyone else seen that?

100% scam.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

We have spoken to the British Airways press office and they have confirmed it is a scam:

‘We are aware of a fraudulent promotion that is being shared via WhatsApp and social media, which has been reported. This message is not from British Airways and we advise anyone who receives it not to click any links and to report it as spam or delete it.’

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.