Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express BA Business Amex – bonus points never posted

• Kazim 10 posts

I took out the BA Business Amex around October when the bonus offer of 50,000 Avios was running. Hit the target spend within 2 months but the bonus points never posted. Initially, Amex stated that the spend target had not been reached and therefore no bonus applicable. Then one helpful agent added up the spend manually and said yes target was reached and point should post. Have been calling up every month for the last 6 months and been told a variety of things from target spend not reached, to wait another 2 weeks and it should post, to we’ll add it manually onto your account and now Amex are telling me that I need to call BA and find out where the missing points are as they have definitely sent them across. In between all of this, a few agents felt the need to comment on how many Amex cards that I have taken out over the years, which as far as I am concerned is really none of their business.

Any advice how to get hold of the missing points because all Amex seem interested in doing is fobbing me off and I am not sure how calling BA to track the points down will be helpful/ constructive?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

Send us all the details (no ranting, just lay it out) and we will forward it to Amex.

Kazim 10 posts

Thanks Rob- will send this over

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.