Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA companion voucher in partner’s account

• sloth 315 posts

hi,

My partner has just earned her first BA companion voucher, in the past it has always been me on my own accounts. I know the voucher sits in her BAEC account, but am I able to see it in my BAEC to use it for flight searches? we are in a household account. im guessing not but it will be highly annoying if that’s the case as its me that has to do all the flight/holiday booking/searching and I dont currently have my own to use to look for the additional availability

I know we book the actual flight through my partners account which is fine, this is more about the constant searching I will have to do beforehand to work out where we can/want to go

thanks

NorthernLass 7,577 posts

You need to be logged into the voucher holder’s account to see and use the voucher online but is this an issue?

sloth 315 posts

You need to be logged into the voucher holder’s account to see and use the voucher online but is this an issue?

thanks for reply, no its not an issue for us, although conscious of wording the question carefully so I didn’t get accused of coercive control etc…

like many contributors on here my partner is plenty happy to enjoy the benefits of all this but she has no interest in actually arranging it so she is more than happy to logon to her baec account on my phone etc. was just being lazy and hoping I could avoid logging in/out all the time etc

thanks for help

BJ 657 posts

BA allows third party nominees on accounts so no need to sweat the small stuff.

sloth 315 posts

BA allows third party nominees on accounts so no need to sweat the small stuff.

thanks, makes sense and will be easier for future bookings. will get that set up on both accounts

robkeane 78 posts

“although conscious of wording the question carefully so I didn’t get accused of coercive control…”

You thought if you said you would log in as your partner, responses would have accused you of coercive control ?

Wow, The times we live in.

tiriavpo 312 posts

Yes, you can book with her voucher. We did this recently using my space release and her 241. She has to be travelling and this is one of those rare occasions when they will almost certainly ask for payment from the card in her name.

NorthernLass 7,577 posts

? They always ask for that, it’s the payment system that doesn’t know whether that’s what you’re actually doing.
    What is your “space release”?

tiriavpo 312 posts

Space release is a GGL perk whereby you can ‘release’ additional reward availability. Some details and other links here: https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/04/01/what-is-british-airways-executive-club-gold-guest-list-2/

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.