Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA eStore app login issues

• rum 275 posts

Hi all

It’s been a few weeks now where I’ve been unable to log in to the BA shopping/eStore app using my standard log in details. I keep getting an error that “we don’t recognise those details”. As far as I know, nothing has changed and I can log in to the website (via a browser) and my BA account with the same details without any issues.

On top of this, I realise when trying to link my Nectar account with my BAEC account, I get the same error. So I am unable to take advantage of the double points promotion for converting nectar points to avios.

Has anyone got a workaround or knows what is wrong?

Indy500 151 posts

I had the exact same issue which lasted for a few weeks. Nectar said it was BA, Ba said it was Nectar. Changed my BA email address in the end and matched it at Nectar. Has been OK ever since. BA IT, ain’t it a beauty!!
    Indy

rum 275 posts

My details are the same on all of the above so I am not sure why this is happening.

When I try to log in now, I get an issue that my account is locked due to a number of failed log on attempts. Strange thing is I can still log in to my BAEC using the exact same log on details. FFS!!

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

I couldn’t log in to the e store this morning till I opened another browser. I had given up on it a few years ago, but have been tempted back as I had a few excursions to book and and Viator gets 12 avios per £1 atm, (plus 10% back on Amex).

Ash 621 posts

I cant login on chrome for over a year, maybe 2. Gave up trying BA IT to fix it.

Have to use app or firefox or safari.

About 50% of time have to raise a manual dispute to get the avios tracked or even awarded after its been set as pending way past the deadline date.

newel 28 posts

Same thing happened to me a month ago and I called BA and got sent round the houses. Eventually found someone competent who solved it for me (actually sent in feedback for them given how grateful I was).

Try using your executive club number instead of your email as the login ID. I have no idea why this works but it did for me! Password of course would be the same given it’s the same account.

Ash 621 posts

Thanks, cant even get to that stage. I click on “login” and next page is

“Bad Request
    Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.”

rum 275 posts

Same thing happened to me a month ago and I called BA and got sent round the houses. Eventually found someone competent who solved it for me (actually sent in feedback for them given how grateful I was).

Try using your executive club number instead of your email as the login ID. I have no idea why this works but it did for me! Password of course would be the same given it’s the same account.

Thank you @newel!!
    Your suggestion worked a treat. I even went as far as changing my password on BA.com previously, but using BAEC number seemed to work straight away.

Now I have the dreaded 25 unread notifications in the app which I’ve never been able to clear since the app was redesigned 🤦‍♂️

newel 28 posts

Thank you @newel!!
    Your suggestion worked a treat. I even went as far as changing my password on BA.com previously, but using BAEC number seemed to work straight away.

Now I have the dreaded 25 unread notifications in the app which I’ve never been able to clear since the app was redesigned.

Glad it worked for you as well. I also did a password change before eventually biting the bullet and calling BA. Has been working since then but have to use executive club number every time for the estore or avios purchases

rum 275 posts

Glad it worked for you as well. I also did a password change before eventually biting the bullet and calling BA. Has been working since then but have to use executive club number every time for the estore or avios purchases

I wouldn’t dream of having to speak to BA for an IT issue! That’s why I’m so relieved at this solution.

Weird thing is, I can still log on to the BA eStore website through a browser using my username/email address without any problems.

The BAEC number also worked on the Nectar app/site finally.

I guess BA IT have a lot of debugging to be getting on with…

MF176 184 posts

I can’t log in to BA at all now, e-store or main website, are they down completely or is it just me?

StanTheMan 217 posts

Anyone else still having problems with this ? mine wont log in

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.