Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA Executive Club app updated and now with limited searching for reward flights

• Magarathea 51 posts

The only good thing the BA prepaid card was good for was introducing me to the BAEC app. I dumped the dud prepaid card obviously but recently I found this app was great for checking your Avios balance but mainly for quickly checking for reward flight availability. It was easy to scan the year ahead with a few swipes. Alas, the app was updated in the last few days and this searching appears to have been neutered. Now if I search as previously, for particularly club or first availability, instead of getting data on where reward flights are / are not available, I get a message of “There seem to be no direct flights at the moment” and a message to go to BA.com. Even reward flights for New York which has loads of club availability is showing this. It seems to work for economy / premium economy but not club or first. Really disappointing.
    Am I doing something wrong?

Indy500 151 posts

Also the ‘pending’ points tab seem to have been removed. Another “improvement” from BA IT.

FatherOfFour 281 posts

I mentioned in the chat the other day.

Try a popular route, with economy as the search and you will see how it is “supposed” to function.

Take Cape Town for example- there is some Economy, so it will show you how it works. When you click the date, it shows how many award tickets available on each individual flight – except the flight times are wrong and it doesn’t show the flight number! If that worked properly, it would be an improvement.

It also just says London- take flights from AMS which run from all 3 London airports- not very useful.
    The main downside is you can only view return availability if you’ve successfully selected an outbound date. If i’ve already booked outbound and want to select inbound (but no more outbound available) it’s not possible- made worse by the fact you can only search for one-ways ex-UK.

jamesturk 49 posts

At least they’ve fixed you being able to use the prepaid card again!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.