Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA Holidays flight changed but not hotel

• Ibblybibbly 31 posts

I don’t know if anyone can advise….

Booked a BA holiday to Jamaica a while back, shortly after they changed both flights from Sunday to Saturday. I am now due to pay the balance but have just noticed the hotel voucher still shows that my accommodation booking is Sunday to Sunday…..so no room for the first night and one I don’t need the night after I have left.

I have tweeted BA but they replied they won’t deal with it via tweet until 2 weeks before. Have emailed BA but no reply and when I ring the message just says they are too busy to speak right now and cuts you off.

Has anyone had a similar experience and did it get sorted ? What is their contractual obligation ? I’m not keen on paying the balance whilst it is unresolved. Any advice / comments greatfully received.

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    NorthernLass 7,554 posts

No contractual obligation, unfortunately, all they have to do is refund your original booking if that’s what you decide to do. There’s a similar thread on here somewhere from a few days ago, and quite a few other reports of BA messing people around like this with package holiday bookings. They may well amend the booking for you in the meantime, but you would be liable for any extra costs if the room price has gone up (your insurance might cover this if it’s a lot of money).

It might be worth contacting the hotel directly and checking they actually have availability on the first night!

Lady London 2,041 posts

Decide what you want, and call them. Telling you they won’t discuss a solution till 2 weeks before the date is unfair unless they are assuring you any solution they want you to wait until two weeks before, will not cost you any more, will preserve the same number of nights and days in your holiday at the same location and will maintain at least the same hotel quality.

Anything else looks like they just want to get you past the point where you have to pay in full so they can keep your money for longer. I’d be inclined to tell them I am not settling the rest until they provide a solution.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.