Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA Holiday Booking Accident

• h24821807 55 posts

Dear all,

I just wonder, what is the procedure and charges if you have booked on a wrong date for a BA Holiday?

I have booked a holiday from 28th March to 2nd April, and I just realised the original work calendar that I booked is out of date and I should have booked it on the 28th March instead.

Thanks,

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,252 posts

Confused about the dates you list but no matter – 2 x 28th March!

Easiest thing would be to call them and ask. BA holidays can be more flexible than flight only bookings.

You can also price up the “correct” dates to get an indication of any changed costs before calling.

Cancellation and amendment fees should be listed in the original booking email.

h24821807 55 posts

Haha, thanks, I meant 29th.

h24821807 55 posts

The Cancellation and amendment fees table is not on the email interestly. I will give them a ring tomorrow.
    Thanks.

tiriavpo 319 posts

The Cancellation and amendment fees table is not on the email interestly. I will give them a ring tomorrow.
    Thanks.

No, annoyingly it never is – neither does it mention the refund-ability terms of any hotel booking.

The only way to see the fees online is to do another dummy booking, then when you get one of the final pages you will see the fees listed. You may find you get a sympathetic agent and you get away with a change but the current fees are listed as:

Flights: Time/date changes permitted at any time for a change fee of £50.00 per person or an upgrade fee of £50.00 plus any difference in fare

Hotels/Cars: More than 14 days before travel date: £100.00 single fee
    Less than 14 days before travel date: £500.00 single fee Plus any difference in price.

You don’t say which 28th should be 29th but don’t forget that a 5-day holiday will get you double tier points if that is a factor.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.