Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA Holidays Double TP: Does “Avion Express For BA Euroflyer” count?

• ThriceForgiven 59 posts

Hi,

I’m looking to get a Flight + Car 5 night holiday to a destination in Spain in the 160 TP category but I’m a bit confused as to whether I’d qualify for double TP if the return flight is “BAxxx Avion Express For BA Euroflyer”?

Both legs have a BA flight code on the BA Holidays website, but the outbound from UK has: “BA Euroflyer” and “Club Europe” in the flight descriptors, whereas the return leg has “BAxxxx Avion Express For BA Euroflyer” and “Business”.

I’m assuming it’ll be an IB craft, but looks like a BA flight.

Any input from anyone would be greatly appreciated, as I wouldn’t want to be caught out!

Thanks.

SamG 1,639 posts

Yes this is fine – these are considered BA flights for all purposes, the only difference is the plane itself being from Avion Express but the food and drink is still BA once onboard etc

baec_newbie 87 posts

The only thing that matters is that you are booked on a BA flight number. For the double tier points offer, it doesn’t need to be BA metal – only a BA flight number, and it’s OK if it’s a codeshare.

As it happens, both Avion Express and BA Euroflyer operated flights count as “proper BA” for most intents and purposes (e.g. redeeming 241s), but as I say, in this case it’s a moot point.

ThriceForgiven 59 posts

Thanks for clarifying. Looking to hit Lanzarote though questioning a £450 Club Europe return…it is a destination I’d be relatively interested in visiting though.

Any tips from anyone who might’ve been there?

cats_are_best 98 posts

Depends what you are looking for while you’re there. I usually rent a villa outside Playa Blanca and take my bike for cycling. Peaceful, own pool, do what I want when I want.

But if you want lots of bars, shops etc. look at the main resort areas on the east coast.

It’s not a large island, by car pretty much everywhere will be less than an hour from wherever you are, for sightseeing it makes little difference where you stay.

This has a long list of places to go/things to do… https://lanzaroteinformation.co.uk/lanzarote-excursions/

Due to brexit the days of not even getting a passport check are gone, but ACE is usually pretty quick to get through, with a short wait for bags unless a few planes arrive at once. On your return, once you’ve gone through security and the obligatory trek through duty-free, turn right and the lounge is at the far end, generally decent food and snacks, with an outside area too.

Small cafes etc. may not take card payment, take some Euros.

NorthernLass 7,474 posts

It’s a stunning island with white beaches, volcanoes, caves and great underwater life – I thought it was the best snorkelling I’ve done outside the Caribbean. You can get ferries to Fuerteventura and islets nearby. £450 is a good price for that length of flight.

Peter K 550 posts

No passport check when I went in December. Straight from plane to luggage collection.

NorthernLass 7,474 posts

A few years ago our flight was diverted to Fuerteventura due to high winds. No passport check either there or on our eventual arrival in Lanzarote!
    Are they that lax with all flights or just ones from other European countries?!

cats_are_best 98 posts

No passport check when I went in December. Straight from plane to luggage collection.

That’s good, perhaps they’ve started doing it again as flight/tourist numbers are up.

I’ve been checked every time post-2019, maybe 8 trips. Though since they added the extra e-gates I’ve not had to queue at all, just that twisty-turny walk to get to passport control.

ThriceForgiven 59 posts

It’s a stunning island with white beaches, volcanoes, caves and great underwater life – I thought it was the best snorkelling I’ve done outside the Caribbean. You can get ferries to Fuerteventura and islets nearby. £450 is a good price for that length of flight.

Thanks so much for your response (and “cats_are_best” too!). I’ve gone ahead and booked and now just sorting out accommodation and plans…have already booked some restaurants so looking forward to that. A couple of follow-up questions just to get another opinion, with the context being that we really want to avoid the ‘lads on the lash’/’TUI package tourist’-type vibe on the island and connect with Spanish island life in general:

1) Any recommendations on where to stay for relative luxury? AirBnB could be an option but lately it has been a bit hit and miss for us…I have a corporate challenge for Hyatt Globalist looming around as well with a number of nights to hit, but looks like the only Hyatts (“Secrets” or “Dreams” resorts – not quite proper Hyatts) on the island are package hotels in the south and I think heavily frequented by the type of tourist I’m trying to avoid. There don’t appear to be any other major chains, and the Amex Travel Platinum portal isn’t showing much either.

2) Where did you get such great snorkelling? I’ve made a list of beaches to visit but massive fan of snorkelling in general so any tips on good beaches would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.