Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Flight changes and cancellations help BA moved us to Iberia who cancelled our flight

• ELLYATT 4 posts

We booked through BA and paid BA for LHR- Gran Canaria. They moved us to Iberia who cancelled our flights. We lost one days holiday, were downgraded but BA refuse us compensation as they say the issue is with Iberia.
    But if we booked direct with BA and paid BA surely they are responsible.
    We were seriously out of pocket and been Gold members for twenty years yet dismiss us.

SamG 1,644 posts

No, they are right unfortunately. Any issues lie with the operating carrier on the day and you’ll need to file EU261 claims for the cancellation / downgrades with them.

ChrisC 956 posts

I didn’t know BA flew to Gran Canaria from LHR. They do from LGW

All I can see is on Iberia with a change in Madrid

If you give us full details we can give you specific advice on what to do.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

Did BA REALLY move you to Iberia? Or did they just put you on one of the Iberia aircraft they have borrowed?

Unless you were actually moved to a ‘real’ Iberia flight – which would mean you had to transfer in Madrid – you were still on a BA flight, albeit one operated by an Iberia aircraft due to BA short staffing, and responsibility sits with BA.

ELLYATT 4 posts

Sorry for late reply to this board, but I could not find it! BA cancelled our flight from LGW-LPA, and changed it to iberia LHR-MAD-LPA. Iberia cancelled the flight and we managed to get a flight with them the following day LHR-MAD-LPA- so it was an actual Iberia flight.
    Our contract was with BA as we had paid them for a BA holiday and lost one whole day of holiday, and then were downgraded to Economy on the Iberia flight the following day.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.