Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• WillT 4 posts

Hi,

BA cancelled a return to Glasgow on me with a few hours notice about a month ago.
    I’ve just phoned up to rebook for end of October and they’ve told me that I have to rebook in the same fare class – in this instance it’s I, which I think is restricted Business. There isn’t any availability in I. I can maybe find the odd flight out in I but not back. The agent was trying to refund it but I just want what I paid for. Is this really BA’s position or should I just phone back up again and hopefully get someone else who is more obliging?

yorkieflyer 259 posts

HUACA and insist on your rights which is rebooking in any availability, see other reports for BA regularly refusing and trying to refund, every call be very clear you are not accepting a refund

Abdul 69 posts

It’s -3/+14 days now isn’t it?

WillT 4 posts

They told me I could rebook up to a year. I’ve tried again and got the same result. Might try and get a UK call centre next time to see if that helps

Lady London 2,020 posts

Yorkieflyer is correct. Also correct in describing BA’s tactics of doing everything they can to force passengers into taking a refund.

You arw lwgally entitled under UK261 and EC261 to any seat that is available for sale, in the same *cabin* class. Since BA cancelled you, there does not have to be an award seat for sale on a flight you wish to be rebooked on.

Booking class is a subswt of cabin class and therw are typically a number of booking classes in each cabin only 1 of which is avios.

You also get to choose if you want to travel as near as possiblw to ypur booked time and date, or if you chooseva later date within reason that haopwns to suit your personal circumstances and the purpose of your trip. In particular, BA’s idea of -3 to plus 14 days to reroute you, is an illegal restriction on ypur rights. You can choose a different date later that works for you as above and it is your choice legally not theirs.

If BA really is being silly then if they are saying they don’t have seats (1) check what they aew selling to new bookings and eeminx them of the above and (2) if BA still wants to be mean and nadty and is still refusing to eebook you then formally requesr them to book you on another airline that can transport you where and when you need to go as you do have a legal right to this.

Keep a good record of having made this request. It’s a good idea to research alternatives as to what could be available although provided they reroute yoi reasonably compared to your original booking, they can choose. Read on here for what it will take in tbe Flight Cancellations and Changes category but try a few well-reseaeched polite requests first.

Lady London 2,020 posts

…deleted

Lady London 2,020 posts

re above post has appeared but apologies for the spelling mistakes big finger small type screen, no chance to correct

SteveR 44 posts

They make them up, doesn’t matter which call centre’

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.