Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club British Airways replacing champagne in Club World

• Lula 203 posts

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but it looks like BA are replacing champagne as the welcome drink in Club World with English sparkling wine.

masaccio 719 posts

Sound like a win to me, assuming it’s a good wine. Sticking my neck out, I’d say there’s more disappointing champagne out there than there is disappointing English sparkling.

Lula 203 posts

The welcome drink will apparently be the Digby’s non-vintage. Which I think is pretty good. Agree it’s probably a good move.

JDB 4,344 posts

Yes, that’s a positive and quite probably not a cost cutting measure. So many fantastic relatively new British food and drink products to rival traditional European ones.

Michael C 666 posts

Yep, sounds far more interesting to me!

NorthernLass 7,481 posts

Will this by in place next month? Agree it could well be an improvement on the current French offering – not to mention more fitting for our “national airline”!

Lula 203 posts

From 26 March apparently

cats_are_best 99 posts

I recall VS did this c. 7-8 years ago in UC. Can’t recall what it was they served, only that I found it nasty.

Maybe it’s worth a try, but in the interests of science I’ve sampled whatever English fizz has been on self-pour in the LGW flounge over the last few months and not liked any enough to finish a glass, always end up consoling myself with a few of the French, even though what’s been on offer seems to have gone downhill.

NorthernLass 7,481 posts

I tried an English sparkling wine at the Stratford-Upon-Avon Indigo and really liked it, it had the depth of champagne rather than being overly light and frothy like prosecco and cava can be. Can’t remember what it was called now though! I shall be sure to sample the BA offering on our GIB flight in a couple of weeks, purely so I can report back here, of course!

Andrew J 769 posts

Hopefully the welcome glass (or 2) of LPGS will remain in First though. But for CW this is likely to be an improvement on the champagne offered currently.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.