Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA Shopping taking ages to credit points

• Financeguy 20 posts

Hi

I have a few transactions which have been waiting 90 days and are on pending. I have had “Speedy” payments from other retailers but any non speedy are taking ages. Anyone else have the same?

I have over 135k Pending Avios which I could do with receiving so I can book a flight.

AJA 1,070 posts

Wow That’s a lot of Avios pending. Some retailers do take 90 days to post. Some non speedy take 30 days (Toolstation is one) M&S is a 90 day retailer which is notorious for not posting and then you have to go through the rigmarole of chasing but you can only start the missing avios claim after the 90 days is up. Worse some never post even after you’ve provided proof. And indeed some even reverse the Avios years after the event.

Andrew. 481 posts

135,000 Avios from shopping? That’s quite a significant amount! What did you buy through the Avios store to generate that value?

It’s up to 120 days, but can sometimes take longer. Eg, if you made a hotel booking in October last year for September this year, the points will credit at the end of January 2024.

Not forgetting that retailers can decline the points for any number of reasons.

Financeguy 20 posts

Yeah we purchase a lot of computers from Dell so add the points here as well as hotels.com

I understand hotels.com take a while but since Dell went from Speedy to normal they have not credited me any points.

With regards to the removal I lost 20% of my points from Dell as they credited with VAT to begin with which was incorrect so they took 20%.

Have earnt close to 200k airmiles from BA shopping before the pending ones. I wonder if I am on a watch list

Biki 117 posts

Yeah we purchase a lot of computers from Dell so add the points here as well as hotels.com

I understand hotels.com take a while but since Dell went from Speedy to normal they have not credited me any points.

With regards to the removal I lost 20% of my points from Dell as they credited with VAT to begin with which was incorrect so they took 20%.

Have earnt close to 200k airmiles from BA shopping before the pending ones. I wonder if I am on a watch list

Maybe it’s also worth using TCB and then converting to avios from there? I’m not sure how the % compares to the BA shopping portal, but sharing it out so you don’t raise any flags might be worth while

0 post

BA, and the retailers have a habbit of changing the T&Cs whilst avios is pending! Or not posting and denying all knowledge and suggesting ypu have to click through the app tp get the points…..

Financeguy 20 posts

Maybe it’s also worth using TCB and then converting to avios from there? I’m not sure how the % compares to the BA shopping portal, but sharing it out so you don’t raise any flags might be worth while

Thank you – I will check that out. Rather not lose the airmiles as they are beneficial to the business

MattB 261 posts

If the rates are on par I would always go with TCB, once it pays out that is that, no chance of them being taken back months or even years down the line like the BA portal. Missing transactions are dealt with better too from my experience.

It’s a shame they haven’t had a 25% boost to BAEC for a few years now.

Biki 117 posts

If the rates are on par I would always go with TCB, once it pays out that is that, no chance of them being taken back months or even years down the line like the BA portal. Missing transactions are dealt with better too from my experience.

Yep I agree, I always choose TCB over BA shopping portal, even if the earning rate is slightly worse, as had too many reversals with BA. I’ve been waiting ages for a BA conversion bonus from TCB though!!

Jerseylou 34 posts

I have over 30,000 Avios due from hotels.com.
    They always took a while but I’ve had nothing from hotel stays in January last year and throughout 2021
    Hotels.com refuse to understand the issue. It’s a far away call centre and they just keep telling me they have nothing to do with BA.
    I’ve sent all the supporting documents to BA twice now as well as spending hours on the phone trying to get anyone to care.

Can anyone enlighten me about TCB ? Sorry , no clue what that is.

Financeguy 20 posts

Yep I agree, I always choose TCB over BA shopping portal, even if the earning rate is slightly worse, as had too many reversals with BA. I’ve been waiting ages for a BA conversion bonus from TCB though!!

I have had things reversed months but not years. The rates just are not always as good on last minute hotels and the Avios 5 points per £1 is better than 1% cashback for instance.

Financeguy 20 posts

I have had things reversed months but not years. The rates just are not always as good on last minute hotels and the Avios 5 points per £1 is better than 1% cashback for instance.

I have over 30,000 Avios due from hotels.com.
    They always took a while but I’ve had nothing from hotel stays in January last year and throughout 2021
    Hotels.com refuse to understand the issue. It’s a far away call centre and they just keep telling me they have nothing to do with BA.
    I’ve sent all the supporting documents to BA twice now as well as spending hours on the phone trying to get anyone to care.

Can anyone enlighten me about TCB ? Sorry , no clue what that is.

TopCashBack they pay out Cash instead of Avios points. What number are you calling BA Shopping on? I have sent them a email but never found a telephone number

Jerseylou 34 posts

I just called exec club. Never found a number for shopping either.
    I was first asked to send docs to callbaloyalty@ba.com then asked to upload them through the portal. I’ve just been asked today to upload all the evidence, again! Around and around and getting nowhere.

Londonsteve 193 posts

I’ve not had anything track through BA Shopping recently, I’ve had to chase up all shopping and hotel bookings as a missing transaction. I don’t think it’s an issue with my browser or cookies as TCB tracks perfectly, it’s BA Shopping that never seems to record my purchases. Can’t be bothered with it frankly considering cashback is available via TCB and works without fail.

Points Hound 47 posts

135,000 Avios from shopping? That’s quite a significant amount! What did you buy through the Avios store to generate that value?

It’s up to 120 days, but can sometimes take longer. Eg, if you made a hotel booking in October last year for September this year, the points will credit at the end of January 2024.

Not if you book 3/4 nights of hotels a week for you and numerous members of your team via the eStore, 135k is a drop in the ocean.

Financeguy 20 posts

Not if you book 3/4 nights of hotels a week for you and numerous members of your team via the eStore, 135k is a drop in the ocean.

Exactly this – although technically it states that Multiple rooms and rooms not under your name are not valid but I have never had an issue.

Glad to see it is not just me who has issues.

Financeguy 20 posts

I see BA have updated their shopping app today.

Since this post has anyone had any Non Speedy retailers credit points?

I could have got £1000+ in Top cashback but opted for the BA points and am regretting my choices now.

Financeguy 20 posts

OK – Update: Just had confirmation of a purchase from a non hotel company go confirmed and they will update the avios within 48 hours. Let’s hope it is the start of many and they do not take these back.

If anyone else gets credited please keep me updated.

steviewander 11 posts

I have had numerous shopping purchases not being tracked and conspicuously they are usually the high value purchase transactions. Recently booked a reservation on Airbnb through the BA shopping portal. The site visit wasn’t even tracked so I can’t raise a missing claims issue. Most annoyingly, I shop through the BA portal for Sainsbury’s online grocery delivery following all the terms and conditions to shop via a desktop computer and allowing all cookies and to complete the purchase in one session – no Avios forthcoming since I started weekly shopping 6 weeks ago. Sainsbury’s won’t entertain missing Avios points claim. I feel like it’s false advertising but I’ve had no response from BA and Sainsbury’s just refer me back to BA.

Ash 621 posts

There’s a link in the BA estore Airbnb page , hidden in the t&C’s, you have to use that. A BA Airbnb branded splash page appears to enter your Baex number.

steviewander 11 posts

There’s a link in the BA estore Airbnb page , hidden in the t&C’s, you have to use that. A BA Airbnb branded splash page appears to enter your Baex number.

I did enter my BAExec number in the splash page. It still didn’t track me. I wondered if I should have cut and paste the link from the T&C but figured it would be safer to enter my BA exec number instead assuming it would take me to the same link.

Financeguy 20 posts

It is definitely not a scam as I have had 250k plus through this site and 100k pending.

They are just disorganised and their support is shocking. I am sure it is just one person who works there.

It’s a added bonus but you could always use top cashback or other sites if you want cash

Londonsteve 193 posts

@steviewander I don’t think you need an AirBnB purchase to have tracked in estore as another way to AirBnb is via the Executive Club tab on the BA homepage, after which you click through to ‘collecting Avios’ and then Accommodation where it lists all the different options available like hotel alliances. AirBnb is one of the available options and you can click through to AirBnb from here.

I’ve not had Avios post from an AirBnb booking in early November made after clicking through to AirBnb from the Executive Club page on BA.com, I waited for the 60 days as advised in the T&Cs and then wrote to the e-mail address specified. This was a couple of weeks ago and I’ve not had a reply.

As mentioned above, I’ve had no recent purchases track through estore even though page visits were recorded. I always use a computer and not a smartphone when I want to earn rewards with purchases. My AirBnb purchase also didn’t attract a reward, I’ve got to wonder if this is worth the bother. It’s so easy to forget or find out you’re out of time to raise a missing Avios request due to the T&Cs of each retailer.

Financeguy 20 posts

Update just had a load of airmiles post to account from various retailers about midday today.

Looks like they are moving again.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.