Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Baggage not included in Premium Economy booking?

• jesseecar123 5 posts

Hello all!

I have a reward booking coming up (2-4-1 amex voucher), we’re flying to Las Vegas in business class on the way out which I booked online, all is fine this side. I called up to book the return coming back from San Jose CA in premium economy.

When I go to the manage my booking area on the website it says we don’t have any check in bags included for the premium economy flight back, I thought premium included checked bags? It gives us the option to add them at £50 each, is this correct?

We also have no option to choose seats before check in, not even to pay, is this normal? The business flight out allows us to pay to choose the seats or get them free 24 hours before the flight. Blue member only at the moment!

Thanks so much!

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Andrew J 769 posts

All premium economy on BA includes bags and in fact all Avios economy bookings do too.

strickers 655 posts

Hello all!

I have a reward booking coming up (2-4-1 amex voucher), we’re flying to Las Vegas in business class on the way out which I booked online, all is fine this side. I called up to book the return coming back from San Jose CA in premium economy.

When I go to the manage my booking area on the website it says we don’t have any check in bags included for the premium economy flight back, I thought premium included checked bags? It gives us the option to add them at £50 each, is this correct?

We also have no option to choose seats before check in, not even to pay, is this normal? The business flight out allows us to pay to choose the seats or get them free 24 hours before the flight. Blue member only at the moment!

Thanks so much!

Often happens if the flight hasn’t been ticketed yet, if it’s a while a way then give it a week and if you don’t have 125- ticket number then give BA a nudge.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,197 posts

You get bags, even with partners. Aer Lingus throws in a bag on Avios redemptions, for example, which doesn’t happen with standard cash tickets.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.