Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BAPP AMEX 241 Spend Deadline

• vetjames 66 posts

Hi There,

Me again. I am a few days from the deadline to achieve the £10K spend target. Two questions:

1. What happens if I purchase something, and the transaction is still pending while the 241 voucher deadline passes?
    2. If the anniversary date is 24th November, do I need to achieve the spend before 24th November or is spending on 24th November included?

Many thanks,

James

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

When the payment clears is crucial – you won’t get avios or the 241 if the relevant spend is still pending, and this can take up to 2/3 days, especially at weekends/bank holidays.
    It’s always advisable to complete any qualifying spend a good few days before the cut off point. Otherwise you’ll end up having to contact Amex to try sort things out and they may or may not be helpful.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.