Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express BAPP Amex card Welcome Bonus

• DanCraft94 9 posts

Hi All, quick query someone might know the answer to, I got the BAPP for the 70,000 avios welcome bonus knowing I had a £2.5k holiday and my car insurance to pay so would easily hit the £3k in 3 months bonus within days of having the card.

Does anyone know how long it takes them to credit the welcome bonus as I’ll be downgrading the card as soon as this lands. I’m assuming they either will add the avios either when my statement lands or they’ll wait until my 3rd statement so 3 months in?

Jasdev 51 posts

It looks as though the Avios get transferred from your American Express account to your nominated BA Exec Club account on a monthly basis, i.e. your statement end date or thereafter.

SteveJ 979 posts

It’s added to your Amex account within days of you hitting the spend target (and the payment clearing). Points are transferred over to BA once a month.

DanCraft94 9 posts

Excellent thanks you! I’m surprised they don’t make you wait the 3 months as it would benefit them more but hey ho!

Dace 52 posts

Is the 70k still available? I thought I read it was until mid Feb but cannot find it anywhere?

lordy 51 posts
    NorthernLass 7,584 posts

Why do you want to downgrade at this stage? If you intend to keep spending on a BA Amex, you might as well keep the BAPP and get the far superior companion voucher after spending £10k. £250 is well worth the difference between the 2 vouchers now.

Erico1875 145 posts

For what I heard it isn’t a downgrade but a cancel and apply for the free card now. I too would suggest keeping until you hit £10K spend for the 241 voucher and you are also getting 50% more Avios with the paid card.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.