Forums › Payment cards › American Express › BAPP Amex card Welcome Bonus
BAPP Amex card Welcome Bonus
Hi All, quick query someone might know the answer to, I got the BAPP for the 70,000 avios welcome bonus knowing I had a £2.5k holiday and my car insurance to pay so would easily hit the £3k in 3 months bonus within days of having the card.
Does anyone know how long it takes them to credit the welcome bonus as I’ll be downgrading the card as soon as this lands. I’m assuming they either will add the avios either when my statement lands or they’ll wait until my 3rd statement so 3 months in?
It looks as though the Avios get transferred from your American Express account to your nominated BA Exec Club account on a monthly basis, i.e. your statement end date or thereafter.
It’s added to your Amex account within days of you hitting the spend target (and the payment clearing). Points are transferred over to BA once a month.
Excellent thanks you! I’m surprised they don’t make you wait the 3 months as it would benefit them more but hey ho!
Is the 70k still available? I thought I read it was until mid Feb but cannot find it anywhere?
Why do you want to downgrade at this stage? If you intend to keep spending on a BA Amex, you might as well keep the BAPP and get the far superior companion voucher after spending £10k. £250 is well worth the difference between the 2 vouchers now.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Popular articles this week:
As T5 security crisis looms, Virgin Atlantic allows rebooking (from T3) whilst BA (at T5) does not
Miles & More miles expiry is coming for ex-cardholders – what can you book before Friday?
Bits: British Airways adds English sparkling wine, easyJet launches Twilight Bag Drop at Edinburgh
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Win 1 million Avios when you apply for a Barclaycard Avios credit card by 2nd April. Exclusive to HfP readers.
Latest Forum Posts
- masaccio on Action required before you fly to the USA
- JellyFan on Newbie “Using Plat in US” Qs re. car hire + insurance!
- Michael C on Action required before you fly to the USA
- tjob81 on Silver card + guest (+ 27 month old?)
- Michael C on Newbie “Using Plat in US” Qs re. car hire + insurance!
- Paul E on BA / Barclaycard upgrade voucher or 7,000 Avios
- raynerdom on BA flight cancelled. Downgraded from Club to Traveller on earlier flight.
- faran on Chat thread – Thursday 30th March
- Froggee on Action required before you fly to the USA
- da350 on Last day to drive across GIB runway (you can still walk)
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.