Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express BAPP companion voucher – how can I trigger it quickly?

• AnotherUser 181 posts

I’ve got A BAPP that’s under 1yr old. If I want to trigger the companion voucher this month (to benefit from the longer validity), do I just need to get over £10k total spend before the end of this month? If so, if I buy something that takes me over the limit but is later refunded, do I still keep the voucher?

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    e14 259 posts

I’ve got A BAPP that’s under 1yr old. If I want to trigger the companion voucher this month (to benefit from the longer validity), do I just need to get over £10k total spend before the end of this month? If so, if I buy something that takes me over the limit but is later refunded, do I still keep the voucher?

Er, yes once you spend over 10K you get the voucher, even if you then get a refund ; but shush don’t tell anyone

AnotherUser 181 posts

Thanks! I’ll be annoyed if I have to cancel my holiday because of omicron, but losing the voucher would add insult to injury!

tomsurfer 2 posts

We have two Amex BAPP cards with annual year ending in February and March. .

I wished to trigger 241 vouchers before 31 December in order to get the benefit of a six month extension.

I was concerned about bank holiday delays so my final expenditure to get over the £10,000 thresholds was on 25 December.

The transactions appeared in the online AMEX accounts on 27 November. The AVIOS recording in the online AMEX accounts was also updated on 27 December and showed a triger date of 25 December.

We both received e-mails at 0423 on 28 December informing us that we had earned a new companion voucher.

Our BA AVIOS membership page now show vouchers expiring on 28 June 2024.

So the extension has worked, and with hindsight I could probably have delayed a couple of days.

Tom

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.