Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Barcalaycard doesn’t have Google Pay. Any alternatives?

• kynazanatoly 13 posts

In a characteristic show of cheapness, Barclays doesn’t allow you to use Google Pay and instead forces you to use Barclays Pay in Android.

In a characteristic show of incompetence, Barclays Pay is only available on Visa card so the Avios Rewards cards cannot use it at all.

I’m looking for a way to work around this. Does anybody know if I still get my sign-up bonus without any extra fees if I use Curve?

And can anybody think of a way to use this card from an Android device?

Dudulle 47 posts

No issue using curve for the bonus. No fees unless you do transactions that would attract fees when using your Barclaycard directly.

Scottpat78 245 posts

I’ve just hit my SUB and most spend was via Curve (& Apple Pay for transparency).

VerdantBacon 141 posts

Player 2 gets a bit tired of double checking which non Amex card to use, so she uses curve while I change the default card to whichever particular card I want spend to go onto.

Achieved the SUB and upgrade voucher with mostly curve spend

Dominic 3 posts

Good to know RE Curve spend. Unbelievable that you can use the card naturally on Android pay – had Curve not worked not only would I not reach the spend bonus (often forget to carry the physical card), but I’d have also got rid of it pretty fast. £20 a month….

CarpalTravel 363 posts

Player 2 gets a bit tired of double checking which non Amex card to use, so she uses curve while I change the default card to whichever particular card I want spend to go onto.

Achieved the SUB and upgrade voucher with mostly curve spend

That is such a great thought! I get similar grumbles from P2.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.