Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Barclaycard app & Barclays app giving me the runaround

• Matty 16 posts

I signed up for the Avios Plus card in July. I downloaded the Barclaycard app to manage my account. Three times since July, when logging in, I’ve had an error message. The error message says I should call and report the error code as I can’t log in. I deleted the app and went through the verification process again – uploaded a photo of my passport and recorded two video etc. I did this and the app worked fine for a few weeks then it happened again, so I deleted the app, went through the verification process again and it worked fine for a few weeks etc.

This time the third time that I installed the app is different. After uploading a photo of my passport and recording the two video messages, the App instructed me to order the pin sentry machine to further confirm my details. This is beyond ridiculous.

I also recently applied for the Premier Account. I’ve downloaded the Barclays app to manage this account. After supplying my personal details, address and ID details again and card number etc. the app says I’ve to make an appointment with a branch so that Barclays can confirm my identity.

I’ve really had enough.

RebeccaLondon 43 posts

I’m on the phone to barclays for the third time myself. I upgraded my credit card (been a barclaycard customer since 1999) and opened the bank account. I also have a barclays mortgage.
    Somehow I’ve ended up with two customer Id’s. I phoned up to link them in early November. Last week still not fixed.
    Then at the weekend neither my barclays or my barclaycard app work. Say I have to phone them via the app to report the error code. I obviously can’t do that as I can’t access either app.
    I’m now being told its a WiFi error (I’ve tried it at home, at work, on 5g….) it’s not that. You need the app to sign up for barclays rewards, it’s not available on the website when I have log in only the blue awards.
    Not happy with barclays at all. Just want my points then I’m off.

Matty 16 posts

I’m on the phone to barclays for the third time myself. I upgraded my credit card (been a barclaycard customer since 1999) and opened the bank account. I also have a barclays mortgage.
    Somehow I’ve ended up with two customer Id’s. I phoned up to link them in early November. Last week still not fixed.
    Then at the weekend neither my barclays or my barclaycard app work. Say I have to phone them via the app to report the error code. I obviously can’t do that as I can’t access either app.
    I’m now being told its a WiFi error (I’ve tried it at home, at work, on 5g….) it’s not that. You need the app to sign up for barclays rewards, it’s not available on the website when I have log in only the blue awards.

My pain continues. The debit card for the Premiere Account turned up today. It’s pale blue. It doesn’t look very premium to me. A quick google shows that it’s not a Premiere Account bank card. I can’t access my account, so I can’t confirm this. Google shows a black card with ‘PREMIER BANKING’ in the top right corner. I just need to access to the account now so that I can close the account and sack off this shit show.

duggie1982 261 posts

My pain continues. The debit card for the Premiere Account turned up today. It’s pale blue. It doesn’t look very premium to me. A quick google shows that it’s not a Premiere Account bank card. I can’t access my account, so I can’t confirm this. Google shows a black card with ‘PREMIER BANKING’ in the top right corner. I just need to access to the account now so that I can close the account and sack off this shit show.

Yes, defo a black card with Premier Banking on it

BlueHorizonUK 37 posts

Barclays have been known to give a premier account but not a premier bank card (they sometimes say that you are not eligible for the premier card with the higher limits) so issue a standard bank card instead.

Matty 16 posts

The pin sentry arrived yesterday. I had to register the card to the pin sentry and then register the pin sentry to the account. Finally, I could access my accounts after almost a month! I then received an email from Barclays, checking that it really was me accessing their account – I suppose that they were completely dumbfounded that someone would bother to persevere this far.

Accessed my current account and it does say ‘Premier Bank Account’. No sign of any Avios. I’ve not done the switch. I haven’t changed my salary to this account and I’ve no faith in Barclays giving me anything and I don’t want the hassle of switching my accounts to something that will prove fruitless.

Gary_Dexter 130 posts

The pin sentry arrived yesterday. I had to register the card to the pin sentry and then register the pin sentry to the account. Finally, I could access my accounts after almost a month! I then received an email from Barclays, checking that it really was me accessing their account – I suppose that they were completely dumbfounded that someone would bother to persevere this far.

Accessed my current account and it does say ‘Premier Bank Account’. No sign of any Avios. I’ve not done the switch. I haven’t changed my salary to this account and I’ve no faith in Barclays giving me anything and I don’t want the hassle of switching my accounts to something that will prove fruitless.

No sign of which Avios?

RebeccaLondon 43 posts

My understanding was that you get the 100k avios after four months of having the account.
    I’m getting 2200 a month from having avios rewards plus a mortgage with them. Have you set that up? Has to be done in the app.
    I’ve done a switch too, from a bank account I didn’t use but attached two direct debits too. Will switch my salary over after Christmas. After the initial sh@tshow it seems to be working fine now. I’m still keeping my old HSBC account open though.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.