Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Barclaycard Avios Plus. Do upgrade vouchers remain – even if account closed?

• LizAll 1 post

I’ve earned x4 upgrade vouchers from my Barclaycard Avios Plus card (I have the Barclays Prem Account too). I’m considering closing the card, and opting for an AmEx Gold… but my question is. Will I keep the x4 upgrade vouchers that I have already earned, even if I close the card? Or do I have to use them before I can close the card? I can’t seem to find the answers anywhere.

aq.1988 454 posts

Yes, you keep the vouchers even after closing the card. Just wait until any pending vouchers are in your BAEC account before closing. There is no requirement to use the card when redeeming.

Unless you’re planning to apply again in 2 years to get another sign up bonus, would suggest considering downgrading to the free card instead, to continue earning avios where Amex isn’t accepted.

With 4 unused vouchers, hope you have a use for them before they expire, as you probably would have been better off going for the 7k avios instead!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.