Barclaycard Avios as a Channel Islands resident?
18th May 2023 at 09:23Jayesse57 6 posts
I want to sign up for the new Barclaycard but as soon as I put in my postcode, it won’t accept it and I can’t go any further. I’m in Jersey and hold other cards.
Is there any way around this problem?
Thanks 🙂18th May 2023 at 09:39NorthernLass 6,658 posts
Have you checked if Jersey residents are eligible?18th May 2023 at 09:49Rob2,194 postsHfP Staff
Channel Islands residents are banned, because Barclays (I think) doesn’t have an Avios licence. I think IAG is holding is back because they’d like an offshore banking partner too (NatWest International was one for a time).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Interview: Sir Tim Clark, CEO Emirates, on his new Business Class, success of Premium Economy
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- Super Secret Stuff on Virgin Voyages deal coming soon?
- brian on Amex Platinum insurance – MASTER THREAD
- pbcold on Virgin Voyages deal coming soon?
- NigelHamilton on Amex Platinum Travel Insurance
- Thaliasilje on Amex Platinum Travel Insurance
- duggie1982 on Curve changes from November 10th
- BBbetter on Best Amex option for my wife?
- davefl on Chat thread – Saturday 2nd March
- curiously on Avios not refunded
- JDB on Amex Platinum Travel Insurance
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.