Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Barclaycard application – no confirmation email or acknowledgement?

• timgilp 21 posts

I applied within the deadline for an Avios Plus credit card . This was on 15th July. No acknowledgment,no email. Rang tonight and they have no records of me having applied. Probably missed the 50,000 sign up bonus . Applied again tonight and no email, nothing. Just they needed a few days to look into my application. I’m retired and have a 999 credit rating . So frustrating.

JDB 4,333 posts

@timgilp – presumably you kept a record of your application and the final approval/credit limit and the 50,000 offer with screenshot of the time etc so they can track down your application?

GimmeMorePoints 93 posts

@JDB that’s a massive assumption..

timgilp 21 posts

No I didn’t do anything like that. Maybe stupidly I trusted them to consider my application and I thought it would be straightforward. I did screen shoot the one tonight but that’s not helpful when I really want to get the 50k offer . Interestingly nothing has been sent to me again . It’s just weird .

JDB 4,333 posts

@JDB that’s a massive assumption..

If anyone has read any thread on here or comments in articles about BC and was hoping to get the 50k SUB, it would be fairly basic stuff to keep good records. Whether it be for card applications, EC261 claims, Amex offers etc. good contemporaneous evidence will ensure you ultimately receive that to which to are entitled, otherwise you are on a wing and a prayer.

timgilp 21 posts

Tbf I’m new to the forum and wasn’t aware of these requirements.I’m just a normal bloke looking for good customer service. What’s doubly frustrating is that I applied again last night accepting I may only get a 25k bonus and I still haven’t got any acknowledgment of my application!

CarpalTravel 362 posts

You don’t say what happened (message displayed) both times you applied. Approved? Referred? Timeout?

The title of this thread suggests that you were already aware that Barclaycard have been particularly poor with their handling of this product.

timgilp 21 posts

Latest update . The final screen I got was that they needed some time to process my application (or words to that effect). So Barclays have been brilliant 🤩 on pm on Twitter. So helpful and quick to respond but despite them saying something was coming by post I still haven’t received anything. So it’s three weeks since I applied but still nothing . They keep referring me to a complaint’s link but all I want is a credit card – which I thought was the business they were talking in. Just remarkable .

timgilp 21 posts

So I have now applied on line three times for the Avios plus card . Despite them saying a letter would be with me shortly it still didn’t arrive. I raised it via Twitter and they then said that the applications team had no record of me having applied . Suggested that I should apply again . Three times in as many weeks . How can this be right ? I have never know a situation like this ever, where an organisation is in business to attract business but then when they have business they just ignore it !

elguiri 216 posts

My relative had a similar experience. Was hoping for 50k, got no confirmation, phoned and was told no record of application, applied again. 3 weeks later two identical letters came in post saying they need to verify something, please call.

Any chance of the acceptance getting them the 50k, or should abandon application until next sign up bonus comes along?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.