Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Barclays 100k offer. What a joke of a bank

• yonasl 954 posts

Opened the Premier account on the 25th November at the Canary Wharf branch. They take photos of my id, bills, myself, ask me if I am ok to be charged £12 for the avios reward account.

Then we try to log into the app. Error 0002 which the idiot at Barclays says is very common. No problem he says, I should get my debit card soon and can then log into the app. Gives me no account details or any proof I have been there (other than me getting emails from Barclays about my account opening so everything must be ok).

10 days later, on the 6th December I finally get my debit card and can log in. I do so I see the Avios reward has not been activated. I do it but now have missed the 100,000 offer as it expired on the 30th November 2022.

Useless bank and what a waste of my time. Writing my complaint to them now but I simply wish they weren’t such a joke of a bank. I couldn’t log into their own all at their branch and it is supposed to be my fault?

jj 520 posts

The dude who checked my ID helped me to set up the app while I was in th branch. He then showed me how to set up Avios rewards, and checked on his own system that it had been correctly registered before I left.

Sounds like my provincial agent was better than the agents working in the heart of the world’s premier financial district. Maybe all the smart people in London are earning megabucks for themselves instead of serving customers.

trader363 109 posts

Had a similar problem. Avios rewards couldn’t be activated on my account due to a tech issue on their end. I complained to the agent that I wouldn’t get the 100k avios as it was Nov 30th that day. He assured me I’m still eligible given it’s their issue. He sent an email asking the avios team to manually extend on their end.

I recommend calling and complaining politely

yonasl 954 posts

After hours on the that via the Barclays app I was told I would receive the 100,000 avios. This is a relief but still was way too painful and required more effort that should have been necessary.

Sam 96 posts

Agree. I kicked off the process online but they want to see ID so went into a branch only to be told I needed to book an appointment. Initially, they said the 26th dec which I pointed out is a bank holiday so the branch would be closed so they then said the 27th. Yes, also a bank holiday… so my appointment is on the 29th.

Will be interesting to see what happens

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.