Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Barclays zero help

• marshy11 247 posts

The new card arrived today. I managed to activate it online.

I have made one purchase (home insurance). That is fine. Second. No. Failed for authentication breach by the card issuer (insurance policy for car)

I cannot register the APP, it goes in a loop after entering my phone number.

1 hour 10 minutes on the telephone to Barclays and the girl cannot even see my account. She then transfers me to another department who say it isn’t their department I need and push me back to a 45 minute queue.

Here we are, I have a card, a healthy credit limit but after one payment of £200 I cannot use the App, the card or get any help on the phone.

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Aston100 1,383 posts

This doesn’t bode well.
    I successfully applied on Monday evening and still await my card. Have had 4 emails since Friday telling me:
    that my statement is ready
    my application was successful
    my card is on its way and here are some tips on how to pay less interest
    can we have your feedback?

NorthernLass 7,577 posts

Doesn’t bode well for me either, was planning to pay my £12k final car payment with it!

@Aston100
    , we’ve also had the emails, and also no card.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    dst87 264 posts

+1 for multiple useless emails and no sign of any card. I’m remaining optimistic that these are teething problems but I already don’t have much faith in Barclaycard’s IT systems.

u07ch 63 posts

Won’t add to Apple Pay for me; Barclays app shows it as not activated 8 hours after I activated it.

CarpalTravel 363 posts

+1 for multiple useless emails and no sign of any card. I’m remaining optimistic that these are teething problems but I already don’t have much faith in Barclaycard’s IT systems.

It’s almost as though they have never launched a credit card before. I think you are being quite generous!

vern 10 posts

I’m on day 8 and still waiting. Can’t use the app as I don’t have a card no to register, apple messaging say it’s nothing they can help with, the phone just loops round because I can’t enter my card no. Explained this to twitter people and get a reply saying try using the app or phone number. Had a couple of emails but both had different four digit card ending numbers. Not encouraged at all.

CarpalTravel 363 posts

Day 8, Apple? What? It’s only been 7 days since they launched the card and what made you think that Apple would or could do anything about a product they have zero control over?

Whilst clearly they are not showering themselves in glory, it’s only been a week since the bumpy launch happened. Virgin and Capital on Tap both took three weeks to turn up and that was for established product lines, so Barclaycard have a long way to go before they appear particularly slow. I can only think perhaps the pace of Amex has spoilt people’s expectations of what is normal.

George K 292 posts

Semi-related: As a Barclaycard holder, I called last week to cancel so I can reset the clock. You may be offered an automated route via the phone. Don’t take it. My card was active 5 days later, so I called and endured an hour-long wait only to be told there’s no trace of my cancellation request. Card eventually closed and complaint opened…

vern 10 posts

Day 8, Apple? What? It’s only been 7 days since they launched the card and what made you think that Apple would or could do anything about a product they have zero control over?

They have a apple messaging team as they do a Twitter team and I quote.
    “If you also have access to an iPhone/iPad we have our Apple Messages team available 24/7, that can take quick look over this for you as well.”

Jacob 223 posts

Semi-related: As a Barclaycard holder, I called last week to cancel so I can reset the clock. You may be offered an automated route via the phone. Don’t take it. My card was active 5 days later, so I called and endured an hour-long wait only to be told there’s no trace of my cancellation request. Card eventually closed and complaint opened…

I cancelled my Barclaycard through the Barclays app (chat) last week, done within 5mins.

George K 292 posts

I cancelled my Barclaycard through the Barclays app (chat) last week, done within 5mins.

I should have done that too. Thought it’d be easier to call… (hello 1995)

AFKAE 147 posts

+1

Rui N. 831 posts

Why all the cryptic Barclays’ thread with numbers? We have this “Barclays Zero help” plus a “Card arrived. Got no 8” also opened yesterday.

marshy11 247 posts

Well, after something nearing 8 full hours on the telephone (not all at once) we finally got somewhere. All but the last agent had no access to the account, couldn’t tally it with anything and in essence, despite my spending, I didn’t exist. Most had never heard of the card.

The agent who did get access was conversant with the issues they have had. I struck lucky as he got me into the app – he reset it his end – and helped with my issue of not being able to pay for a particular item. The purchase I was trying to pay online was £550 and it turns out that the default on all accounts (according to this chap) is the daily single payment is capped at £500. You can go into your account and change this online but unless you would know it was there why would you think to look? Not only that but two conversations with the fraud department couldn’t work out why I couldn’t pay either.

I am not impressed thus far. There is no excuse for waiting 40 minutes in a telephone queue.

Why all the cryptic Barclays’ thread with numbers? We have this “Barclays Zero help” plus a “Card arrived. Got no 8” also opened yesterday.

My thread was not cryptic. I had ZERO help from Barclays.

Andrew. 482 posts

It does rather seem that an Avios Barclaycard isn’t suitable for vulnerable people or those who are accustomed to their Private Banker pushing the buttons on their behalf.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.