15th September 2022 at 16:01RhysHfP Staff
I’ll be in Bergen over the weekend (short trip – just one full day really) and am looking for recommendations, mostly for restaurant/cafe/food.#
TYIA!15th September 2022 at 16:17can
I’d enjoyed the half a day trip to fjords15th September 2022 at 16:28dundj
I’ll have to email a number of things to do, but get a Bergen card at the airport on arrival for the free transport and the free/cheaper entrance to museums etc.
It’s really easy to get around by foot in the city though.15th September 2022 at 17:23John
Go up the mountain, take a fjord cruise and find a nice restaurant. Wander around the town and that’s basically used up all your time.15th September 2022 at 17:30Paasan69
Fløibanen is a must: https://www.floyen.no/en/floibanen/
And use the tram (Bybanen) in to town from the airport. May take a few minutes more than the express bus or a taxi but way way cheaper.16th September 2022 at 08:48RhysHfP Staff
Thanks everyone, definitely planning on hiking up Floyen.
Any food recommendations?16th September 2022 at 09:19Comrade Chag
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Bits: new £100 Amex Travel cashback offer, new Eurostar logo – and new Eurostar loyalty scheme
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- Blair Waldorf Salad on Chat thread – Tuesday 31st January
- elguiri on Melia Gold via Amex Platinum?
- NorthernLass on BA Club World kids meal
- NorthernLass on Chat thread – Tuesday 31st January
- Gary on New £300 Platinum dining credit July 2022
- Guernsey Globetrotter on Japan trip review: Okinawa, Tokyo and Nagano
- DaveB on Hilton Diamond and Gold status for a year
- Gaza on New £300 Platinum dining credit July 2022
- Andrew. on Chat thread – Tuesday 31st January
- The Savage Squirrel on BA Club World kids meal
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.