Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other London life Best parts of London

• Aston100 1,383 posts

…are the motorways letting you drive away as quickly as possible.
    Confirm / Deny?

cinereus 161 posts

Bit of a silly thread to start…

Aston100 1,383 posts

Bit of a silly section to begin with don’t you think?

AJA 1,071 posts

Denied. There’s plenty of great things and places in London in addition to the motorways, from Head For Points through to great hotels, fantastic history,architecture, hotels,theatre, restaurants and shopping, among others.

I’d say the motorways are the one of the worst things but at least they let you leave the capital quickly since you plainly don’t like it.

Aston100 1,383 posts

Leaving London after more than twenty five years was one of the best things I’ve ever done.
    You don’t realise how bad a place is until you revisit after moving away.

fluffymitten 10 posts

I moved up from Sussex-by-the-sea about 8 years ago and can’t imagine leaving yet. Having a London-centric board is a bit alienating though. I spend a fair amount of time up in Glasgow and there’s loads of fab things to see, do and eat up there. I’d rather see a UK board, maybe with regional sub sections.

Aston100 1,383 posts

Thing is, Rob says the majority of the site readership is silent and London-based (and possibly millionaires?) but acknowledges that the commentary is mostly from those who are not from London.
    If that is indeed the case, then why have a section dedicated to the minority who do not comment much (or at all), and no sections for those who DO leave comments on the site?
    Seems very odd to me.

Ibblybibbly 31 posts

I imagine that majority of the membership are ardent AVIOS collectors, which basically means they are most likely to fly from Heathrow (or City), which means they are most likely to live in, or near (as I do) to London. So good idea IMHO.

nevine@btinternet.com 6 posts

I think its an excellent topic especially for ‘out of towners’ like myself who used to live in London and now live outside but come into London overnight fairly frequently. So, I’d be interested to learn about any great hotels/ hotel offers, restaurants etc

modestpointscollector 64 posts

Gotta be joking haven’t you? Leaving London during busy periods on the main roads (at least west) is absolute murder! I used to park at Perivale or similar and get the tube instead of driving in/out.

RE: London. I don’t get what all the fuss is about, I don’t want to live there, and I don’t particularly like it there… but I do have to work there and if I can make my life better with tips and recommendations on the forum for things in London then all the better I say. I’m in favour of the subforum!

JamesF300 9 posts

News just in: Some people like London, other people don’t like London

MisanoPayments 3 posts

OK, a bit of a change from my Omnimo steak restaurant suggestion, but I am a big Honest Burger fan and it so happens my office is very close to their Bank branch which has re-opened a few weeks ago!

Anyone else?

Richie 992 posts

Yes, Honest Burger is good, a winning formula.

Richie 992 posts

If you’re east of Trafalgar square, perhaps not too far from an Elizabeth line station.

TGLoyalty 536 posts

I do feel like there would be more life in this subforum if it was U.K. life rather than London centric.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    yorkshireRich 186 posts

I agree with Tgi. Maybe a sub forum for “all things to do with the uk” would be a sensible suggestion. I’m enjoy the forums but more sub forums are most certainly needed.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.