Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Best time to take out the BA Premium Plus Card?

• ofins 3 posts

I’ve currently got the Amex Platinum card (got it last year as part of the 60000 points offer). Having got the bonus points I’m looking to try and use up the dining credit/harvey nichols credit before cancelling ahead of the Feb deadline for pro rata refunds. My intent is to take out the BA Premium Plus Card and use that for my main spending going forward so I can get the companion voucher.

My question: is it better to take this out as soon as possible to get the best value for my spending or should I be waiting for the introduction offer to be boosted?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

Some people will see a 50k BAPP offer on ba.com when they log in at the moment. If you have this, it won’t get any better.

ofins 3 posts

Some people will see a 50k BAPP offer on ba.com when they log in at the moment. If you have this, it won’t get any better.

Oh I have this! Did not even realise that was an option, thanks for the info

rwp88 12 posts

Signed up via BA for the BAPP card with 50k avios SUB.

Received card today. If I check in the app, it refers to “spend £3k and get 25k avios”.

I queried this with them via chat and they stated that BA will credit the additional 25k avios when the spend is met. Does this sound correct or should I chase up again with amex?

Thanks

TomBr 2 posts

This is on the BA shopping link which suggests 50k Avios available to new cardmembers in Executive Club

https://www.shopping.ba.com/

Executive Club Exclusive: Collect 50,000 Avios
    Collect enough Avios for a return flight to New York when you login & apply for a BA Amex® Premium Plus Card through the link below, spending £3,000 in your first three months. Only available to Executive Club Members through the link below until 20 February 2024.

Rep 113.1% APR Var. New Cardmembers only. Annual fee applies. Terms apply. 18+ UK residents only, subject to status.

TomBr 2 posts

This is on the BA shopping link which suggests 50k Avios available to new cardmembers in Executive Club

https://www.shopping.ba.com/

Executive Club Exclusive: Collect 50,000 Avios
    Collect enough Avios for a return flight to New York when you login & apply for a BA Amex® Premium Plus Card through the link below, spending £3,000 in your first three months. Only available to Executive Club Members through the link below until 20 February 2024.

Rep 113.1% APR Var. New Cardmembers only. Annual fee applies. Terms apply. 18+ UK residents only, subject to status.

Seems you only see this offer if you are logged out of your BA account but this link should bring you direct to the offer:

https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/credit-cards/compare/british-airways-avios-credit-cards/?ieep=01MC3829

kempc23 17 posts

Are there ever any good offers to upgrade from BA Blue to BA Black? I downgraded to Blue a couple of years ago, when I wasnt keen on flying so often, but may want to a bit more now.

as02 22 posts

Signed up via BA for the BAPP card with 50k avios SUB.

Received card today. If I check in the app, it refers to “spend £3k and get 25k avios”.

I queried this with them via chat and they stated that BA will credit the additional 25k avios when the spend is met. Does this sound correct or should I chase up again with amex?

Thanks

Yes that’s how it works. You won’t be able to see the extra bonus in your tracker, but it will come.

rtid 41 posts

Thank you – I didn’t realise this. I’ve just signed up.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.