Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Best USD account, with Citi ditching the UK?

• Luca M 391 posts

Thanks for the info @dougzz99

Looking at Cater Allen as well. $11 for transfers in but otherwise no monthly fees, and full 85k FCSC compensation. Looks too good to be true, so trying to work out what the catch is or if I’ll even be accepted for a measly few grand 🙂

Cater Allen is like a club, you need a financial advisor or affiliated accountant to introduce you otherwise they won’t process your application.. I am a director of a Business that would be well between their parameters but has been impossible to find an introduction and they have rejected all direct contact/application.

davefl 1,222 posts

Thanks for the info @dougzz99

Looking at Cater Allen as well. $11 for transfers in but otherwise no monthly fees, and full 85k FCSC compensation. Looks too good to be true, so trying to work out what the catch is or if I’ll even be accepted for a measly few grand 🙂

Cater Allen is like a club, you need a financial advisor or affiliated accountant to introduce you otherwise they won’t process your application.. I am a director of a Business that would be well between their parameters but has been impossible to find an introduction and they have rejected all direct contact/application.

Interesting thanks for the info. Saved me filling in a 10 page application form that I’ve printed out.

Seems a bit daft offering personal accounts onthe website with no refence to that requirement

R 59 posts

I’ve opened a full US current account using just a utility account and passport.
    There are virtual mailbox companies that will give you a lease / utility bill that you’d need. Only thing I don’t know is a bank that allows you to open an account not in person.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.