Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Bicester Village Amex offer – do gift cards still trigger it?

• TJ 91 posts

The current Amex offer is £60 back if you spend £600. Previous BV offers with Amex used to allow the purchase of a BV gift card to trigger the offer. However, the terms appear to have changed. Does anyone know for sure if purchasing a gift card with the current promo will still trigger the offer?

chrischris2202 29 posts

If anyone knows whether I could do this online that would be much appreciated too, I managed to buy from one of the shops which were excluded on this offer and am now £30 short..

PB1 5 posts

If you go to the Customer Service desk at Bicester Village and show an AA card you get a coupon for 10% off everything, don’t see how this is really a great deal having to spend £600, unless you are in the RAC 🙂

It used to work with ADAC but that cover is now not available for non German residents, they always used the AA in the UK anyway.

Andrew J 769 posts

If you go to the Customer Service desk at Bicester Village and show an AA card you get a coupon for 10% off everything, don’t see how this is really a great deal having to spend £600, unless you are in the RAC 🙂

It used to work with ADAC but that cover is now not available for non German residents, they always used the AA in the UK anyway.

Unfortunately it’s FAR from 10% off everything – I can count on the fingers or one hand the times I’ve managed to use the discount – lots of shops dong participate, others have high spend thresholds (£750 at some, one is £1500!), lots also exclude items reduced beyond a certain percentage or new season. It’s good for the restaurants which do all seem to participate fully, even Pret! To note that it’s not just the AA, but Amex Platinum which offers this VIP card discount. But the £600 offer is available on anything.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.