Booking +355 – assume I have to decide upfront if 241 or multi-carrier?
15th July 2023 at 14:36EvilGazebo 28 posts
So I’m looking to hopefully grab some J seats when the window opens. I’m assuming I have to decide upfront if it is going to be a 241 return booking upfront and use the voucher. Then call to add the return seats when the window opens forthem.
Question I have is what happens if these return seats don’t show up but I can cobble something else together to get home on other OW carriers?
i.e. if it then needs to be a “non-241” booking do I have to cancel and hope the outbound seats reappear to be rebooked? Or I suppose sacrifice the 241 as one way only and book the partner / multicarrier seats home as a one way inbound.
I’m guessing this is the case but just don’t want to miss a trick.15th July 2023 at 15:16Anna 458 posts
You only have to fly the return portion if the 241 within 12 months of the outbound, so as long as you stick to the open jaw rules you can use it on 2 separate trips and make other arrangements in between. This can be handy if you can’t get inbound seats to match your initial outbound journey, or you want to mix and match with a Barclays or Virgin voucher.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Etihad Guest changes – tough expiry rules, 75% award cancellation fees, lounge restrictions
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- Alex G on BA companion voucher anomaly
- kelliea1 on A lengthy trip report on my time at the other side of the world
- davefl on Cancelling BA Amex CC
- NYB90 on Amex Platinum insurance – MASTER THREAD
- tiberius on BA companion voucher anomaly
- Skywalker on Anyone seen this message from Ba website
- Parky on New £300 Platinum dining credit July 2022
- LondonFly on Thank you! Now please help plan my LA trip
- Not Long Now… on Flying First – Dallas or Houston?
- davefl on Anyone seen this message from Ba website
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.