Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Booking after upgrade voucher expiry. Any experiences?

• Pogonation 19 posts

Good morning,

I had read on here and on FT that some people had success with booking flights for upgrade after the expiry of the voucher (booking made before expiry but flight after the expiry). I just tried this and was told this changed in August. I wondered if anyone had any recent experiences with this being allowed? Should I HUACA and any tips to have it allowed?

Alternatively can upgraded flights be changed online? I was thinking to book before the expiry and then try change the date to a future date online and hope to stay in the same cabin?

Thanks for any help?

NorthernLass 7,596 posts

I’m in a similar position – got vouchers expiring in December 24 and October 25 and definitely not going to be able to travel before the earlier one expires. I need to book seats which should be released at the beginning of May, so I guess I’ll find out then!

nigeb 1 post

I booked a flight MAN-JFK with voucher to fly Sept 24 before voucher expired end Sept. My plans changed and I rebooked the flight for Oct 24 (voucher expired) but the voucher could still be used (not explicitly, I just don’t think the agent picked up on it as it was a change of flight). I have had some inconsistencies generally when speaking to agents, some better outcome than expected (miles required etc), some less so, but they are consistently helpful and cheerful

Pogonation 19 posts

Just as an update.. I called back later and made the booking without issue so it does appear to be at the phone operators discretion. So HUACA worked in this instance.

PeteM 709 posts

The Virgin process is completely manual and really dependant on the ability (or otherwise) of the agents. I’ve had them not remove the voucher before…!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.