Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Booking for a child using the Barclays ‘upgrade voucher’

• nkh 2 posts

I am due to get my Barclays voucher in April, and I plan to book a reward ticket for my 2 year old.

My wife and I currently have a booking using a 2-4-1, so the idea is we use the Barclays voucher to add my son to the booking (if we’re lucky enough to find availability).

As my son is a minor, I guess I will I have trouble booking him a seat online given it will appear as though he would be travelling alone.

In my mind, I have two options:

1. Call BA and book that way, though this depends on them being able to override any DOB checks that are done, or
    2. Book my son online, with a DOB that will allow me to book, then ring call centre to amend at later date.

I understand it may be a little early to get Barclay-specific intel given it only launched this time last year, but I would appreciate any thoughts regardless.

Thanks in advance!

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

It is technically possible, of course. Would a BA phone agent be willing to do it for you? Who knows.

Your best chance of course is BA opening up 3 award seats so you could cancel the existing 241 and rebook with the child on the 241.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.