Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Booking reward flight whilst abroad

• janhead4@gmail.com 3 posts

Please can someone reassure me that I can book a 2-4-1 reward flight whilst I am out of the country. I have already booked my outbound for next March (using upgrade voucher) but the inbound doesn’t become available until I am on holiday in USA.
    Thank you.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

If you’re going to call, it’s not an issue (in fact its easier as you’ll be calling the US call centre).

I have heard about issues with people booking online at 355 days out, because ba.com seems to use your computers internal timer to know what day it is. If it is Tuesday in the UK (and new flights come up for booking) but still Monday in the US then they don’t show until a few hours later when it is Tuesday in the US. I have no idea how widespread this issue is, whether it impacts the app too, whether it got fixed etc but I do know it was an issue at one time.

NorthernLass 7,461 posts

I’ve booked numerous avios flights on ba.com while abroad – usually in the US or Caribbean. They always load up at midnight/1 am UK time (depending on time of year), so 6/7/8 pm where I was. Much easier as no staying up till midnight required.

NorthernLass 7,461 posts

To clarify – at T-355, using an ipad!

janhead4@gmail.com 3 posts

Thanks so much……big help

andy1875 7 posts

I have also done it several times, based out of HK, and much easier to get through to their call centre here. Good luck

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.