Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Booking via Hotels.com

• Gary B 37 posts

I have noticed Hotels.com is about 20% cheaper to book the Doubletree Kennedy Santiago than booking with the cheapest HH discount on the Hilton website.

If I do book via Hotels.com can I still register my HH membership number and get the HH points and stay nights?

King of Sutton 14 posts

No

Colin MacKinnon 283 posts

You could phone the hotel and see what they can offer – might save some cash and get a better room than the one by the bins!

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Have you looked into whether it would qualify for a price match? There’s also nothing to stop you contacting the hotel directly and asking if they can offer you a better deal as a loyal HH member.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

The Hotels.com Rewards credit is likely to be worth more.

jj 520 posts

Plus 10% cash back with hotels.com through topcashback at the moment, which stacks with the rewards credit.

kai 77 posts

Phone Hilton’s customer service and ask for best rate guarantee. They will match the price and offer a further 25% discount. I’ve done it at least twice in the past.

gtellez 162 posts

In my recent experience, price match guarantee is completely useless, they always denies it for the most stupid reason. That has happened to me recently in London with Hilton and in Amman with IHG (in this case the reason was the worst ever: hotels.com displays the price in GBP and not local currency, although at the end the reservation shows the price in local currency to be paid at the hotel).

ChasP 162 posts

Provided they actually make the reservation ! I turned up for a prepaid Hotels.com booking and the hotel had never received it Spent an hour on the phone to the Hotels.con unhelp desk failed to resolve it
    Fortunately they werent full So made a cash booking and did get the money back but not a good experience to put it mildly

jj 520 posts

@ChasP sounds like a bad experience, but administrative errors are always a risk. I’ve made dozens of bookings with hotels.com over the years and never had a problem, and I haven’t seen others report the same issue anywhere.

Gary B 37 posts

Phone Hilton’s customer service and ask for best rate guarantee. They will match the price and offer a further 25% discount. I’ve done it at least twice in the past.

Thanks for that info, however when I tried they said they can’t pricematch Hotels.com because it is uk sterling and the hilton hotel is in US$. I can view the Booking.com in US$ but they can’t pricematch that because it is inclusive of taxes and they only pricematch pre-tax prices. What’s the point? Why have pricematching when they write the rules around currency and pre-tax pricing knowing Hotels.com and Booking.com do not show what they want.

JDB 4,378 posts

Thanks for that info, however when I tried they said they can’t pricematch Hotels.com because it is uk sterling and the hilton hotel is in US$. I can view the Booking.com in US$ but they can’t pricematch that because it is inclusive of taxes and they only pricematch pre-tax prices. What’s the point? Why have pricematching when they write the rules around currency and pre-tax pricing knowing Hotels.com and Booking.com do not show what they want.

You should be able to adjust eg Booking.com in settings to show the price in different currencies, with or without tax etc. These people are trained to swat you away; don’t let them!

ChasP 162 posts

@ChasP sounds like a bad experience, but administrative errors are always a risk. I’ve made dozens of bookings with hotels.com over the years and never had a problem, and I haven’t seen others report the same issue anywhere.

It wasnt the error, more the hour I spent with Hotels.com CS – who failed to sort it – culminating in being told that the resolution team had run out of hours and were unavailable
    Yes it was the only problem I’ve had with over 30 bookings but once with that CS was enough

dougzz99 619 posts

It wasnt the error, more the hour I spent with Hotels.com CS – who failed to sort it – culminating in being told that the resolution team had run out of hours and were unavailable
    Yes it was the only problem I’ve had with over 30 bookings but once with that CS was enough

That’s modern life. Things that work work, but anything that goes wrong and necessitates CS reveals CS is next to useless, pretty much everywhere.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.