Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club British Airways not showing Cathay reward availability

• DonLee 214 posts

Has anyone have experience to book Cathay flight using avios?

I was searching Cathay flight using avios on BA and could see availabilities in Economy, PE and business class on a lot of dates. Then a few hours later every single seat has disappeared when I try to book. All the seats are bookable from both AA and Alaska site. Is there a known issue that CX block BA from award seats?

Thanks in advance!

meta 1,439 posts

Call to book, very likely IT issue and perhaps down to the fact that you looked at flights extensively. Happens all the time.

DonLee 214 posts

Tried online chat and was told there is no seat on CX

SamG 1,644 posts

If the flight is soon then I think BA stop showing the availability as some kind of fraud prevention. I did think the call centre could see it but not 100% on that

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1769383-cx-blocking-award-availability-when-s-close-departure-13.html

DonLee 214 posts

If the flight is soon then I think BA stop showing the availability as some kind of fraud prevention. I did think the call centre could see it but not 100% on that

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1769383-cx-blocking-award-availability-when-s-close-departure-13.html

It is for next year, really strange that BA won’t be able to see the reward tickets at all for CX but bookable on both AA and AS.

DonLee 214 posts

After a 60 mins call to BA, it looks like CX has blocked all redemptions inventory to BA. It’s shame that another cut using avios to far east.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.