Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Bug: Kimpton up to 40% sale just started, some ICs getting the rate

• dahokolomoki 103 posts

Was browsing the Intercontinental Barclays in New York for November dates. Saw a special Kimpton sale rate, 40% off the BAR. Gives a really good genuine discount. Got a night (including taxes and amenity fee) for £240/nt, when yesterday it was £350+.

Looks like a mistake, so likely to be corrected soon, as the rate said “kimpton sale”.

Checked the IC in Cancun, it didn’t have the rate. But the Kimpton in Tulum had a 30% off rate, along with several others in New York. So looks like the annual Kimpton flash sale, but somehow getting loaded to some ICs.

Kimpton rates for IC Barclays only showing on IHG app, not on the website.

dahokolomoki 103 posts

Looks like the rate is now gone, for both the IC Barclay and Times Square in New York.

Also I had a browse around, it wasn’t available for any other ICs that I checked (Boston, Amsterdam, Cancun, etc).

Also not for European Kimptons.

It looks like an error rate uploaded. And maybe too early – but its an advance warning that the Kimpton sale might be coming soon.

Lynx 21 posts

I just checked my upcoming (next Feb) booking at the Fitzroy to see if the sale rate was available. It wasn’t, but my alternative points booking for the same dates is now a few thousand points less, so I cancelled and re-booked that one. I will decide nearer the time which one to keep. If I can get the suite upgrade I’ll keep the cash one, otherwise I’ll go with the points and hope my status gets me upgraded out of the broom cupboard. 🙂

LiamG 32 posts

Think this sale might be live now… but app only!

Just happened to check my Kimpton (New York) room for December and it’s significantly reduced, along with the Intercontinentals

Shows a rate of “Private Members Sale”

Rate Description: Member Exclusive Offer. Get up to 30 percent off our Best Flexible Rate. Stays Oct 27 2023 thru February 29 2024. Subject to availability. Blackout dates may apply. Book by October 26 2023

LiamG 32 posts

Ah, it’s on the web here. Seems it launched yesterday, but I missed if it’s been mentioned! https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/deals/member-offers/3daymembersale

BBbetter 645 posts

Just North America then.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.