Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Bulgari London – why not in Bonvoy?

• Olly 243 posts

Always puzzled me why Marriott don’t ask them to be a part of the programme. Presumably it’s about maintaining exclusivity. Anyone actually stayed here and can say whether it’s worth the (very high) cash rates?

PaulAllen 23 posts

If you are an obscenely wealthy Russian or Arab then yes, otherwise no – it is targeted at a very specific customer…

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

I don’t think it’s about exclusivity (North Island is in Bonvoy and that’s $5k per night). It is a chain where Marriott simply provides hotel management services and the owners are not bothered about the rest of it.

That said, I had an interesting chat at the Amstel in Amsterdam last year where someone senior told me it was a bit embarrassing having the IHG One Rewards stickers and the like hanging around reception.

It’s not that exclusive either – I went there for an Amex Global Business Travel event last year. They are happy to tout it out for a few quid.

George K 292 posts

I could be mistaken, but I think the idea was to build up the operation by having Marriott provide the staff and the hotel-running know-how until such a time that Bulgari takes the whole portfolio out and they then run it themselves.

TGLoyalty 539 posts

Since they’ve been around for nearly 15 years I don’t think it’s to do with Marriott only running them for a while but rather just the fact it’s a JV and probably how they wish to position it.

Some RC reserves don’t take part for example

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.