Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Can I extend my Gold card benefits to someone else staying at a Hilton?

• BajiNahid 169 posts

Hi guys,

I am currently a gold member and wanted to ask if anyone had any experience in booking a room for someone else but they are able to avail the gold card benefits? Such as free breakfast for example? I am booking 2 rooms for 4 people at the manchester hilton deansgate and wanted them to enjoy an early morning breakfast.

Would appreciate any help!

John 1,000 posts

No, you must be staying yourself. If this was allowed everyone in the world could pretend that their Hilton stays were booked by a diamond.

Not sure why this question pops up on various travel forums so frequently… Would you think that being BA gold lets you grant First Wing / lounge access to anyone you book a flight for, even if you’re not there? Why should hotels be different?

However, since UK hotels don’t check ID for bookings with a UK address (except occasionally some London higher end hotels), they can pretend to be you. At least as long as their appearance matches your name (or what the average hotel staff might expect someone with your name to look like). If you prepay and use digital key, they only ask for room number at breakfast…

dahokolomoki 103 posts

I’ve found that sometimes, hotels also let the second named guest check-in to the room. So you could add your family member to the reservation as the second named guest, and they could do the check-in. Especially if they have the same last name.

As John posted – UK hotels never ask for ID if its a UK booking. So just give the name at the counter and have a credit card ready, and you’re sorted.

Peter K 551 posts

I’ve rung and asked a few times, without giving my name, and the Hilton hotel has said they would honour the status benefits as if I were staying. They were happy to gain the booking and didn’t mind someone else on my booking at long as I made a note. Why not give it a try, then there is no stress?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

For a UK hotel, it’s not a problem. The other person checks in as you, they get your benefit. No photo ID will be requested. Give them a credit card of yours to flash as ID if something is asked for.

DevonDiamond 71 posts

I’m doing this in Birmingham on Friday night – picked up a room for 20k Hilton points, current cash price is £300

My friend will arrive at 5pm, me about 10pm. Hopefully it will all work out ok – I may call the hotel to say my friend will arrive first

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.