Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Can no longer change companion voucher booking to a new flight for the £35 fee

• crisisguy 2 posts

morning all

I tried to change a companion voucher booking to a new flight and date. It was a a voucher that i have already extended. I was told we can only change the flight to something that is before the booking we have (October 23022), even though the voucher we extended expires Sept 2023.

Apparently this new rule came in 4 days ago and we were not aware of this.

Has anyone else had this issue? I am a little miffed as dont remember seeing any communication from BA about this and had we known in advance we would have made the change earlier.

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    NorthernLass 7,463 posts

There have been quite a few changes reported over the past week. It’s always worth HUACA with BA (if you can cope with the wait!) as you often get different responses depending on who you speak to!

JDB 4,335 posts

morning all

I tried to change a companion voucher booking to a new flight and date. It was a a voucher that i have already extended. I was told we can only change the flight to something that is before the booking we have (October 23022), even though the voucher we extended expires Sept 2023.

Apparently this new rule came in 4 days ago and we were not aware of this.

Has anyone else had this issue? I am a little miffed as dont remember seeing any communication from BA about this and had we known in advance we would have made the change earlier.

I think this is the issue that has been reported widely on here – putting your companion voucher into an FTV made it useable up to end Sep 2023 but did not actually extend the expiry date of the voucher. Thus your 241 will work inside the FTV or ensuing booking, but once you cancel or change that booking the voucher’s original expiry will apply.

ed_fly 201 posts

I think this is a little harsh from BA. Be interested to hear whether you’re able to get a different response with HUACA. though I suppose you need to be careful the agent doesn’t accidentally expire your 241 while trying to change it.

ChrisC 956 posts

Putting the 2-4-1 in to an FTV does not extend the date of the actual 2-4-1 inside it so once you take it out of the FTV it reverts to the usual voucher expiry date but BA make some adjudtment for that when you use the FTV to make a new booking

An FTV isn’t an actual voucher (like a cash based e-voucher is) but an existing ticket put into suspense awaiting reanimation into a new trip. If you then change the new trip you revert to the new ticket rules including rebooking dates. An FTV does not over rule those.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.