Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Can you claim tier points on rebooked flights?

• Annetteewan 24 posts

This might be a stupid question, so apologies in advance, but our KLM flight from ABZ-AMS-NCE was cancelled and we’ve been rebooked on a BA one instead. Can I claim tier points for the new flights? I’m presuming not, but just wanted to check.
    Second question, are there any compensation options open to us? The KLM flight was due to leave ABZ at 0915 tomorrow and we’ve now been rebooked on the 1500 BA flight instead. We’ll now reach Nice at 2050 – 4hrs 25mins late. We got informed of the cancellation at 1505 today. No explanation of what caused it. I’ve never had to claim comp for delays or cancellations before so don’t know where I stand…

memesweeper 1,252 posts

Maybe, maybe not.

When you get to the airport ask the check in staff to add your BAEC number to your BA booking.

You might even get some Avios. Definitely worth a try.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,075 posts

Yes you can get both avios and TPs. This happens all the time.

You just need to add your BAEC number. If you have the BA booking ref then you can do it via MMB then select seats based on your BA status.

Yes you can claim compensation from KLM depending on the reason for the cancellation.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.