Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Can you walk through the NEC at 4am?

• The real Swiss Tony 654 posts

I have a silly o’clock flight from birmingham next weekend. Thinking of staying up there and can get a points stay at the Moxy. But will I be able to get into the nec complex at 4am to access the rail link, or will I need to find another way to the airport? Walking all the way around the Genting arena looks like quite a trek.

Grant 108 posts

If you walk left out of the Moxy you can pass under the NEC building on one of the access roads. This will take you to a pedestrian footbridge over the railway line and from there you can head in to the station building, up the stairs / escalator and the mono rail will be on the left. The station is open 24hrs AFAIK and first mono rail service is 3:30am so you should be ok at 4am.

The real Swiss Tony 654 posts

Thank you. It wasn’t clear on google maps if I could get under that building but that’s great to know.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.