Cancel Avios Booking …. Not easy
17th January 2022 at 18:08Mikeact
So, I need to cancel an Award booking.
1. Go into manage my booking
2. Click option to cancel
3. ‘Please login to continue ‘
Login again, and again, and again.
On all three devices, Android Phone and Tablet and Windows PC.
Do I really now have to call ?17th January 2022 at 18:34RobHfP Staff
Yes. Even if you got it to work online, you would be ordering a voucher and not a refund.17th January 2022 at 19:06Mikeact
I’ll try again a bit later…I’m happy with a voucher.17th January 2022 at 20:38Mikeact
Got it….I’m thinking of booking an Avios one way domestic 6 months out so that the balance of my Avios and £’s will be returned quickly from this voucher…does that sound right?17th January 2022 at 21:00tiriavpo
Yes, but you will have to call to book using the voucher you have generated online. Going via the voucher will save you the cancellation fee, so if you know you want to go somewhere that will work. If the new booking is cheaper in avios and/or taxes than the original, you will get the difference(s) refunded.17th January 2022 at 21:06ChrisC
Have you tried the “request voucher” function on the BA Covid pages rather than via MMB?
Seems to work a lot better that way.18th January 2022 at 08:21secretsquirrel
Taking a voucher instead of AVIOS & cash fees refund, do AVIOS points & cash used to book seats get saved in the voucher?18th January 2022 at 09:24stevenhp1987
Yup, even a 2-4-1 is wrapped up inside it.
I booked a 2-4-1 expiring May 11th yesterday. Immediately cancelled for a voucher, which was issued within 5 minutes, then re-booked for the June Bank Holiday!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The perfect airport doesn’t exist, but the new Paris Charles de Gaulle ‘Extime’ upgrade is close
Bits: new Qatar insurance rules, design a BA beer can, free Fairmont night from Emirates
Bits: fly BA Club World on short haul – or fly Titan, Virgin ends Plaza Premium Clubhouse access
Bits: Virgin’s missing reward seats, Elizabeth Line gets faster to Heathrow, Inverness Airport station
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- AJA on New member saying Hello!
- JDB on Nassau, Grand Cayman and Providenciales Back to T5!
- flymeanywhere on Chat thread – Wednesday 8th February
- qc on Sri Lanka: trouble possibly brewing again
- Harrier25 on Purchasing which vouchers qualify towards Amex minimum spend ?
- nectar collector on Chat thread – Wednesday 8th February
- AJA on Chat thread – Wednesday 8th February
- Harrier25 on No AMEX Avios or MR points posted since 5th Feb
- secretsquirrel on Purchasing which vouchers qualify towards Amex minimum spend ?
- BA Flyer IHG Stayer on EI on BA code
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.