Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Cancel Avios Booking …. Not easy

• Mikeact 231 posts

So, I need to cancel an Award booking.

1. Go into manage my booking
    2. Click option to cancel
    3. ‘Please login to continue ‘

Login again, and again, and again.

On all three devices, Android Phone and Tablet and Windows PC.

Do I really now have to call ?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

Yes. Even if you got it to work online, you would be ordering a voucher and not a refund.

Mikeact 231 posts

I’ll try again a bit later…I’m happy with a voucher.

Mikeact 231 posts

Got it….I’m thinking of booking an Avios one way domestic 6 months out so that the balance of my Avios and £’s will be returned quickly from this voucher…does that sound right?

tiriavpo 312 posts

Yes, but you will have to call to book using the voucher you have generated online. Going via the voucher will save you the cancellation fee, so if you know you want to go somewhere that will work. If the new booking is cheaper in avios and/or taxes than the original, you will get the difference(s) refunded.

ChrisC 956 posts

Have you tried the “request voucher” function on the BA Covid pages rather than via MMB?

Seems to work a lot better that way.

secretsquirrel 29 posts

Taking a voucher instead of AVIOS & cash fees refund, do AVIOS points & cash used to book seats get saved in the voucher?

stevenhp1987 331 posts

Yup, even a 2-4-1 is wrapped up inside it.

I booked a 2-4-1 expiring May 11th yesterday. Immediately cancelled for a voucher, which was issued within 5 minutes, then re-booked for the June Bank Holiday!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.