Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Cancelled Avios booking with companion voucher – no refund of Avios, taxes etc

• Skywalker 699 posts

Hello – cancelled an Avios redemption booking as the companion can no longer go – the booking was made prior to 8th June.

I cancelled online via BA Executive club.

The cancellation process seemed to suggest it would be issuing me with an e-voucher but then I remembered reading that the cancellation would qualify for a refund etc – I didn’t think to save the page.

No email was received to confirm the cancellation, and when I called, BA confirmed that all had been cancelled and an e-voucher had been issued.

But when I log in, I do not see the e-voucher – but when I try to make an Avios redemption booking, along with my other companion vouchers, it says an e-voucher is available – but then I cannot see the value of the e-voucher.

It’s all a bit confusing.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Will the Avios and refund appear in my respective accounts, and will the companion voucher be returned to me, or am I doomed to this e-voucher that I cannot seem to see the value of, and doesn’t seem to apply to anything once I check the box…?

Thanks in advance!

SteveJ 978 posts

What was the date of the first flight? That will determine if you’ll just get a full refund or not.

As they have not refunded you what you have is a future travel voucher. The reference numbers you need are the two ticket numbers starting 125 on your initial flight booking.

Everything from that booking is frozen in time, so that’s how much Avios, Cash you have, plus the 241. In this scenario you can only redeem this over the phone with an agent.

Skywalker 699 posts

Thanks for reply and apologies for omission – 20th July 2022

Olly 242 posts

I have flights next April to TLV booked with Avios/241 which I now wish to cancel. Like Skywalker, online the only option appears to be to take an e-voucher, but what I actually want is a refund of the fees and a redeposit of the points voucher (less the £35 cancellation fee). Is the only way to get this these days to ring the call centre?

Skywalker 699 posts

Well after a day or so, I received the email stating a refund of cash would be forthcoming, with associated Avios – to date: nothing.

🙁

Skywalker 699 posts

Hello there,

Just to bump this a bit, the cash refund has been received, but to date, no Avios or companion voucher 🙁

Just wondered what the next steps were here now

Thanks in advance

ChrisC 956 posts

Call or use the chat exec club

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Sounds like something has gone wrong and you’ll need to chase this up by calling BA (or trying Chat). What was the expiry date on the companion voucher?

Skywalker 699 posts

Hi Chris and Northernlass thank you for both replying to this

I did as you’d both suggested – I tried chat and (as laborious as it was) it eventually worked.

It took so much explaining :-/

Skywalker 699 posts

Sounds like something has gone wrong and you’ll need to chase this up by calling BA (or trying Chat). What was the expiry date on the companion voucher?

Have just seen it is the 17th August! 😮 Will have to do something with that soon!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.