Cancelled / changed Avios booking refund
2nd June 2023 at 08:10atcoloz 31 posts
Can anybody tell me how long it generally takes to get taxes refunded when you change or cancel your Avios booked BA flight?
Also, how long does it take for the Amex Companion Voucher to reappear for use if you cancel a flight booked with that?
Thanks I’m advance for your help. Going through a bit of a personal situation at the mo and this is one less thing to worry about, hopefully.2nd June 2023 at 09:09NorthernLass 6,658 posts
Sorry to hear that – avios and companion voucher “should” come back immediately (and do 99% of the time), cash can be within 24 hours but can take a couple of weeks so hang on a bit before chasing.2nd June 2023 at 09:15atcoloz 31 posts
Thanks for your help.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Interview: Sir Tim Clark, CEO Emirates, on his new Business Class, success of Premium Economy
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- davefl on Chat thread – Saturday 2nd March
- curiously on Avios not refunded
- JDB on Amex Platinum Travel Insurance
- JDB on Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!
- Dragonlady on Virgin Voyages not returning to Australia later this year
- tiberius on Anyone been to Bahrain?
- tootsci on Crediting Avios on Vueling to IB?
- jj on Chat thread – Saturday 2nd March
- peasoup on Aer Lingus new qualification period – 1st April 2024
- Travel Strong on Amex Platinum Travel Insurance
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.