Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Cancelling Avios / 241 Tickets

• Bob 51 posts

Want to cancel a a 241 booking, travel is in December 2022. Final page is the voucher application form but it states there’ll be an automatic refund of avios and voucher and amount paid.

Can anyone advise if this refund is instant please?

Thanks

LST 19 posts

Tried to use this form to cancel flights for next year, got an email saying I am not eligible for a voucher (which I knew) but no other information.
    Guessing I have to call to cancel. 😬

NorthernLass 7,460 posts

For travel after 30/9 you still have to call BA to cancel – frustrating and utterly bizarre given the pressure on BA’s call centres.

Birdy 20 posts

I called two weeks ago to cancel a 241 booking in December and the voucher and avios were back in my account while I was still on the phone. The T&F refund minus £35 each took 2-3 days.

To dare is to do 130 posts

You can do this on chat if you don’t want to phone. Avois were back in account while still on chat. Voucher few hours later.

Bob 51 posts

Thanks all, ended up calling and they did it instantly over the phone.

NorthernLass 7,460 posts

You can do this on chat if you don’t want to phone. Avois were back in account while still on chat. Voucher few hours later.[/quote

I thought Chat couldn’t deal with anything involving money?

To dare is to do 130 posts

You can do this on chat if you don’t want to phone. Avois were back in account while still on chat. Voucher few hours later.[/quote

I thought Chat couldn’t deal with anything involving money?

You can’t pay for anything but they can do the refund. They’ve done serval for me.

Gary 293 posts

Cancelled two 2-4-1 bookings today & it was a painful experience. First CSA cut me off whist transferring. Second CSA took well over an hour to cancel two bookings which required two call backs (1 hour limit & IT issue).

DP- 4 J seats to CUN over Christmas booked at T+355, so they were the “guaranteed” seats. They never returned to reward inventory when checked immediately as would have posted here. So guaranteed seats are only as such at release, but may not be anymore once been through cancellations.

NorthernLass 7,460 posts

Cancelled seats are never guaranteed to go back into the inventory, it’s always a gamble.

0 post

It’s amazing the variety of problems BA gives people with this.I cancelled a 241 SFO booking made last September and did it on MMB. All avios returned within days, nicely split between the 2 of us. I haven’t actually checked to see whether the £35 was taken but funds were returned to BAPP fairly sharpish.

NorthernLass 7,460 posts

The issue is that BA took away the facility to request online refunds at the start of the pandemic and then only (very recently) reinstated it for travel up to Sep 30th this year.
    Goodness knows what their rationale is!

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    0 post

Aah, I didn’t know that. Thanks.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.