Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Flight changes and cancellations help Cancelling Vueling BA codeshare

• Copperfield27 7 posts

Dear Collective Forum Knowledge,

Has anyone had experience of cancelling a BA codeshare Vueling metal flexible ticket booked on ba.com. I’m due to fly to FCO on Sunday with Easyjet and am getting concerned at the on-going chaos so am thinking to book seats on the Vueling flight as well – if booked on Vueling site you can only cancel even a flexible ticket up to 48 hrs in advance but am I right that if booked on BA I can cancel BA/Vueling on the day for full refund once we’re on board the Easyjet flight?

Many thanks

Roberto 281 posts

A booking on Ba.com is cancellable up to the time check in closes for a ftv of course, you don’t need a fully cancelable ticket (which Inam not even sure you cabn get on a VY flight)

So yes , it’s a good back up plan. There are 3 EZY flights and as long as you’re not massively delayed you could indeed sit on the plane and cancel Ba booking. Maybe the safest option is to give yourself as much leeway as possible and choose the late late VY flight to cove all the bases including EZY cancelling the flight after you have boarded

Enjoy Rome.

Richie 990 posts

I’d pick a BA flight from LHR on monday as my back-up. Vueling simply aren’t a good enough plan b.

ChrisBCN 237 posts

I’d pick a BA flight from LHR on monday as my back-up. Vueling simply aren’t a good enough plan b.

Far better up the front than BA – you get more leg room and a wider choice of food served faster.

Roberto 281 posts

Further to my statement about cancelling your back up plan under book with confidence there is mutterings that BWC for new booking will cease tonight at midnight. Existing bookings are unaffected so if you’re gonna do it , do it today.

This is not confirmed but reported as true. YMMV.

Copperfield27 7 posts

Thank you all. I need to be in Rome by Monday morning and need to fly from Gatwick so Vueling is the only option. Have take Roberto’s heads up and booked today and latest flight. Thank you!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.