Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Cannot set-up Apple Pay

• sturgeon 190 posts

I tried adding Apple Pay last night but it then made me call a generic Barclaycard number to verify. Called this morning and they were clueless, said it doesn’t work yet which I know isn’t true. She then said eventually here’s an Apple Pay number you can call at barclaycard and put me through to it. Which was a scam as it was a generic menu of options.

Tried deleting the card and starting again but now it just says it’s failed after contacting the card issuer. What now?!

sturgeon 190 posts

I was trying manually through the Wallet but just realised you can add using the barclaycard app. It doesn’t work though, fails at ‘contacting card issuer’. It didn’t say this last night, rather asked me to call a number similar to what happened when I tried adding my Starling card last month. I’m sure in that case they alerted me to the fact I could add it using the card app.

Im not sure if I’ve now caused an issue as barclaycard are clueless and if they’ve blocked me adding it due to various attempts they’ll never realise.

bjd 8 posts

Yep exactly the same scenario as me. Support told me there was a problem and it’s being looked into which I know is nonsense.

So I currently site in Apple Pay purgatory. I’m sure there’s more of us!

slliw 16 posts

Yeah there seems to be an issue, Mrs can’t add her new card to Apple Pay. Mine works but I got mine 3 months ago. Probably might need another couple of days to kick in.

Carlos 758 posts

Not sure if the contacting card issuer problem is related or not but i cant connect to curve

gtellez 162 posts

Same here, I received the card on Friday and so far I have not been able to add it to Apple Pay. I could add my supplementary card (from my OH) few weeks ago without problem.

jv96 2 posts

Got card on Friday. Also cannot set up the card on apple pay or curve (not sure if issue is related) – has anyone been able to otherwise…?

jenkins1109 5 posts

Just called the generic Barclaycard number to verify and they said that as it is a new card it is not eligible for Apple Pay at present but will be in the near future. Having gone from American Express customer service to this garbage I will not be progressing with Barclays beyond the 3 month mark to get the 50,000 Avios bonus. Dreadful service

bjd 8 posts

Seriously ? That can’t be right.

Carlos 758 posts

Something to do with 2FA but by calling Barclaycard to fix it manually, reports say you should be able to use it

jenkins1109 5 posts

Mental that they have different answers to different customers then… having come from AMEX their cust. service is a joke!

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    gtellez 162 posts

After few days failing, I have been able to successfully add my card to Apple Pay today.

bjd 8 posts

Yep worked for me this morning. Text verification rather than the tel no.

Just shows what a load of nonsense some of the support representatives come out with.

sturgeon 190 posts

Same, mines now working today after adding it directly from the app. Having it not work really did demonstrate the added convenience of Apple Pay, it was sorely missed!

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    duggie1982 261 posts

God, having to have my card replaced due to fraud, hopefully my Apple wallet with auto update and do t have any issues adding back on

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.