Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Card arrived. Got no 8

• u07ch 63 posts

Of course Barclays banking app wants me to activate it again after activating. With an error.

It is also reluctant to add to Apple Pay.

Dentist just accepted it though …

Card itself is nice and minimal and in ba first colours …

vern 10 posts

How long did it take to arrive. I’m on day 8 and still no sign and can’t get anyone at Barclays to help.

rum 275 posts

Yup, no sign of mine either… been 8 days here as well.

u07ch 63 posts

Applied on first day; arrived on 5th working day. It appeared on my Barclays banking app the day it arrived which was a good hint. Still cant get it onto apple pay

SteveJ 979 posts

How do you know you got no 8 @u07ch?

u07ch 63 posts

lots of 0s and ends 8

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    memesweeper 1,256 posts

The eight is a check digit, it’s value is determined by the preceding digits. You may actually have the first card in the series.

Olly 242 posts

I also failed to get to add it to the Apple Wallet – the error message said it isn’t supported by the card issuer

C 6 posts

The eight is a check digit, it’s value is determined by the preceding digits. You may actually have the first card in the series.

Banks generally don’t issue cards in sequential number order any more. Search tesco bank sequential debit card number fraud for more info. The FCA deemed that tesco bank’s use of sequential card numbers was a breach of the requirement to exercise due skill, care and diligence.

u07ch 63 posts

Have a reply from Barclaycard finally

“Thank you for contacting Barclaycard in
    relation to Apple Pay. Unfortunately at the moment the new Avios card doesn’t
    support this feature”

dst87 264 posts

support this feature”

Doesn’t support the feature? What the heck are they playing at? Apple Pay and Android Pay should be table stakes for any modern bank. Its available on their other cards so this makes no sense to me at all. What a waste of time.

rum 275 posts

support this feature”

Doesn’t support the feature? What the heck are they playing at? Apple Pay and Android Pay should be table stakes for any modern bank. Its available on their other cards so this makes no sense to me at all. What a waste of time.

I agree – this is really a low point. Modern (digital) banks allow you to set this up at the point of account creation, before you’ve even thought about ordering a card!! Not good Barclays. Seriously not good.

dst87 264 posts

They even list the cards that don’t support Apple Pay and this isn’t listed. I joked that we might have another Creation-level of competency on our hands here and I’m thinking I may have been right!

https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/apple-pay

rum 275 posts

Where’s the head-banging smiley when you need one?

can 506 posts

Way to split the penny Barclays

u07ch 63 posts

They even list the cards that don’t support Apple Pay and this isn’t listed. I joked that we might have another Creation-level of competency on our hands here and I’m thinking I may have been right!

https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/apple-pay

Don’t bring cartoon cards into it; I’m just going to hope Barclays don’t kick me for using curve in front of it til they sort Apple Pay out. Haven’t carried a wallet about for at least 5 years im not starting now

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.